land tax on strata land

Say you purchase a strata unit in a building located in QLD. Is your land tax calculated on the valuation of the whole land (say land is valued at $1M) or is your land value apportioned out base on number of units, size of units, etc. If it is apportioned, is apportioning before or after tax calculation - ie: is land tax calculated on $1M then apportioned or is your % ownership of land calculated first and if it is above land tax threshold you then pay appropriate tax.

In NSW and I dare say in QLD as well, land value is based on what the entire block is valued at, divided by the number of units. Say the block is valued at 2.5 million and there are 12 units, then that is about $208000 each.
However the problem here is what the land is actually worth - in NSW land value is overestimated by the state as that way they get much more tax revenue. I'm not sure whether you would have the issue to that extend in QLD, but the block value I gave above is what the land from my block of units was valued at, even though we all appealed. My recommendation is to actually check what the value is with the state before buying, because in NSW everything seems to be overvalued.

Back