Landscaping recommendations

We are in the middle of our first triplex development in Balga (3 x 2). Expected completion April. We will hold and rent all three.

Are there any recommendations with regards to low maintenance & appealing landscape options for front and driveway? What is a suitable cost for landscaping? Any referals appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 94
A tip I've heard - that I think is really useful - is to check what the Council are using (successfully) in locations such as median strips, roundabouts, shopping strip gardens, etc. All of these locations get very little TLC, and whatever your local council uses in those locations is obviously able to survive with very little attention in your climactic conditions.

Six-eight inches thick of mulch then plant out with flax, kangaroo law and lomandra. Not much weeding needed due to mulch being so thick and the plant species are super low maintenance , grow well in WA and look good with lots of different colours available.

Looks like bugger all garden areas. Get a local professional gardener/landscaper in. I can't see it costing much and you will benefit from local knowledge. This cost should be minimal compared to your whole venture. Get it done once and properly - but keep it watered until established.

Doesn't your council require safety temporary site fencing?

I recommend you find a good landscape architect and tell them what you want from your landscaped areas. They will prepare something that meets the requirements of the relevant planning scheme. Then you will know that works and will be able to design the landscaping yourself for future developments that don't require a plan prepared by a landscape architect.

I have attached a landscape plan from one of my developments as well as the relevant plant data (sorry about the upside down page) which you may find useful. My directions to my landscape architect were 'zero maintenance' so there are a range of succulents, drought hardy plants and natives.

Attachments

• Landscape Plan.jpg
    Landscape Plan.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 74
  • Plant Data.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 50
Back