Large Scale Insurance Claim for PPOR

Has anybody done a large scale claim for PPOR (not mine),

so far other then the odd communication issue, AAMI have been pretty good, but its been pretty darn inconvenient and it seems like they are trying to skimp on a lot of things. Was wondering if we could ask for more assistance or $$$ to make it easier for us or any other entitlement

One of our pipes had a leak pointing upwards, so we tried to claim

so far the issues we are having is this.
- when we initially made the claim, they told us that we had to organise our own plumber to fix it first and diagnose the problem which is not covered.
- we did this and took them 4 weeks to arrange an assesor to come out
- so far damage is first floor carpets to be replaced, tiles to be replaced, 1/3 of the 1st floor boards underneath the carpets/tiles has got wet and has to be replaced, pantry seems to have copped the most damage, a few walls/skirts are warped
- restoration company has come out and sealed off pantry and destroyed the contents of it ( a lot of stuff was in it), also deemed house unlivable due to mould in the air and plus the kitchen shouldnt be used,
- insurance company is sheepishly extending accoromdation 3-4 days at a time, we have 2 pets, the dog has gone into the hotel, the cat is too old to move, so we've left her there
- accomodation didnt have a kitchen, we chucked up a stink and moved us to a room with a kitchenette which is pretty useless
- ive asked for some sort of food budget which was denied,
- we still have to go back to the house to feed the cat, and visit the dog every couple of days as its going bananas
- They are going to move us again because the hotel is booked out since they only book every couple of days
- More importantly, very very inconvenient for parents, it doesnt really bother me

Apparently its going to be a 6-8 week job to get this fixed up

thanks mate, all good, I would have preferred they tore the house down and rebuilt it but thats certainly not going to happen:p

ive read my policy but its all pretty confusing, other then accomodation for the humans, and animals, can I expect any other form of assistance or measures to make our lifestyles remotely like it was before?

anybody had to move out of their home for 3-4 months due to an insurance claim? They denied my request to have temporary accomodation in a different area when they approved emergency accomodation in a different area!

Back