Lateline - Peter Costello Interview (03/02/09)

Did anyone watch Peter Costello's interview yesterday on lateline?

You can download and watch the interview from the following page.

Lateline

I agree with most of what Costello had to say about the current government. He reckons a lot of the current economy stimulus packages are low quality spend. They do not in any way help increase productivity or create new jobs.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Cheers,
Oracle.

I saw the interview – and the one with Keating the night before.

I especially like the way each of them took complete responsibility for the long period of Australian economic prosperity but neither would really be drawn on exactly what Rudd/Swan should specifically be doing now.

I saw the interview – and the one with Keating the night before.

I especially like the way each of them took complete responsibility for the long period of Australian economic prosperity but neither would really be drawn on exactly what Rudd/Swan should specifically be doing now.

I am sure they would advise if asked for it by Rudd/Swan. But you know politics is more complicated then that :)

Cheers,
Oracle.

Lateline

I agree with most of what Costello had to say about the current government. He reckons a lot of the current economy stimulus packages are low quality spend. They do not in any way help increase productivity or create new jobs.

Cheers,
Oracle.
Oracle, i did happen to watch Mr Costello speak interesting how he has been so quite of late, just waiting for the right time to strike and take his time to get back in the front row,Mr Keating is still the same a very smart man it's a pity Rudd and Swann are not in the same mindset set..

In several parts of ASIA they give free rice away prior to voting,in Australia we give cash handouts:rolleyes:,not much difference..willair..
willair,,

Last edited:

Lateline

Cheers,
Oracle.

I will try and catch it. Agree with thoughts on stimulus package. Band-aid.:(

Regards JO

I'm looking forward to watching it, but the Costello link brings up nothing at the moment. Maybe they're still processing/uploading it.

You can download the media file and watch it. It is about 57Mb. I watched it no problems using video lan client which is free.

Cheers,
Oracle.

Actually, just checked and the interview is now available to watch online on the lateline main page.

www.abc.net.au/lateline and scroll to the peter costello joins lateline

Cheers,
Oracle.

I'll try from the main page...

Nope, just tried that and get to the same page with no info on it and no video links. I tried in FireFox, Internet Explorer and Chrome, all with the same result. Anyone else see what I'm seeing? This is the only thing on the page:

Peter Costello joins Lateline

Print Email
Australian Broadcasting Corporation
Broadcast: 03/02/2009
Reporter: Tony Jones
Former treasurer Peter Costello discusses the global crisis and the Government's rescue package.

Transcript

...no transcript text and no video links.

p.s. Other Landline video pages work fine... like the Keating one from a couple of days ago shows the transcript and I was able to watch the video... it just seems to be the more recent ones that are coming up stupid.

Back