Lawyers!

Hi,

Found an oldie but a goodie, enjoy (or weep as the case may be).

If I give an orange to my friend, I say to him, "I give you this orange."

If a lawyer does the same, he says it as follows;

"Know all men by these presents that I hereby give, grant, bargain, sell, release, transfer, convey and quitclaim all my right, title, interest, benefit and use whatever in, of and concerning this chattle, otherwise know as an orange, or citrus orantium, together with all appurtenances therto of skin, pulp, pip, rind, seeds, and juice, to have and to hold the said orange together with its skin, pulp, pip, rind, seeds, and juice, for his own use and behoof, to himself and his heirs in fee simple forever, free from all liens, encumbrances, easements, limitations, restraints, or conditions whatsoever, any and all prior deeds, transfers or other documents whatsoever, now or anywhere made to the contrary nothwithstanding, with full power to bite, chew, cut, suck or otherwise eat the said orange or give away the same with or without its skin, pulp, pip, rind, seeds, or juice."

regards, Michael Croft

And of course: What’s the difference between a lawyer and a Piranha?

The one is a man eating, flesh stripping, carnivorous beast:
And the other is a fish.

Regards,

Steve

PS: With apologies to the many much esteemed forum solicitors:D

Originally posted by Steve Navra
And of course: What’s the difference between a lawyer and a Piranha?

The one is a man eating, flesh stripping, carnivorous beast:
And the other is a fish.

Regards,

Steve

PS: With apologies to the many much esteemed forum solicitors:D

That's okay Steve

Lawyers are like rhinoceroses: thick-skinned, short-sighted, and always ready to charge. :D

Why does everybody dislike lawyers so much?

After all, it's just the 99% of bad lawyers who give the rest of them a bad name.

do we need to add a disclaimer to this thread, wouldnt want to get sued :p

(note please dont take this as a serious comment :p)

Originally posted by geoffw
After all, it's just the 99% of bad lawyers who give the rest of them a bad name.

So, Geoff, what percentage of lawyers are bad? That way I can calculate 99% of the bad ones. he he

Originally posted by Kevmeister
So, Geoff, what percentage of lawyers are bad? That way I can calculate 99% of the bad ones. he he

Crikey Kev! you're pedantic enough to be a lawyer...

You're not are you? Can't stand em myself :p

Originally posted by Kevmeister
. . .what percentage of lawyers are bad? That way I can calculate 99% of the bad ones. he he

Obviously 101% of lawyers are bad:

(Thus accounting for the 1% who have been 'struck off' / murdered etc.)

So as per Kevmiester mathematics:

99% X 101% = 99.99% of lawyers are bad.

You might be wondering how there can be a 0.99% of a lawyer, but then none off them are quite a full box of chocolates, now are they!

Regards,

Steve

:D

Obviously 101% of lawyers are bad:

(Thus accounting for the 1% who have been 'struck off' / murdered etc.)

So as per Kevmiester mathematics:

99% X 101% = 99.99% of lawyers are bad.

You might be wondering how there can be a 0.99% of a lawyer, but then none off them are quite a full box of chocolates, now are they!

Regards,

Steve

:D

How can you have 101% of lawyers? You're just too used to outperformance figures! ;)

also I think your maths are off - as lawyers are a stubbie short of a six pack they are in fact only 0.83% :D

Just cause I want to have a gripe about it....

Solicitor almost cost me ~ 30k last week!!!!

First and last time I use this particular person (great restraint used here, no name calling :D )

Jude

There is the story of a lawyer by the name of Strange.

The instructions in his will were, not to have his name on the headstone- just the inscription,

"Here lies an honest lawyer".

So that people would look at it, and say,

"That's Strange!"

A variation on Uncle Steve's;

What the dif between a lawyer* and a catfish?

One is a bottom dwelling scum sucker and the other is a lawyer*

*substitute any proffession you wish to insult

Michael Croft

Hey NigelW,

Isn't soliciting a criminal offense??

Only on street corners. You can screw clients over from your office with impunity! :p

Here's another gem:

A man had responded to a call from his lawyer, insisting that they meet immediately.

On his arrival his lawyer asked "Do you want the bad news first or the terrible news?"

"Well, if those are my choices, I guess I'll take the bad news first."

"Your wife found a picture worth a half-million dollars" the lawyer replied.

"That's the bad news?" The man was stunned? "If you call that bad, I can't wait to hear the terrible news."

"The terrible news is that it's of you and your secretary." :D

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey NigelW,

Isn't soliciting a criminal offense??
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only on street corners. You can screw clients over from your office with impunity!

That is funny. Big belly laugh stuff.

Jude

Back