Legal standing with PMs and Tenants

Hi Guys,

Just about to buy my first IP and just want to be up to date on the legal standings which I have as an investor.

If I am to get a Property Manager to look after the handling of the property and such, what legal rights and standings do I have if they are not pulling their weight? Does this come under some sort of contract negotiated by myself and and the PM or is there a general service which all PMs should abide by?

Can anyone suggest any books, websites or articles which I should be looking at to make sure that I know what I do have a legal standing for?

Thanks for your help.

what legal rights and standings do I have if they are not pulling their weight? Does this come under some sort of contract negotiated by myself and and the PM
It is covered in the Agency Management Agreement that you sign with your chosen PM - goes on for some pages.

Can anyone suggest any books, websites or articles which I should be looking at to make sure that I know what I do have a legal standing for?

Yes, http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/Tenants_and_home_owners/Being_a_landlord.html

Follow all the links in there and you'll start to get an understanding

Back