Letter of offer with a cheque?

I rang up shortly afterwards just to confirm they had it, and mentioned some recent sales to back up my offer price etc.

next time I'm going for a short expiration period, it was a long 48+ hours!

Sent the agent an SMS via the net saying just confirming she got my offer to purchase - no response. Offer expries 5 pm tomorrow.

Is this normal ??

I have made all my offers over the years with anywhere from No money to $1000 deposit down in person and via email / fax......balance of funds at settlement. The less the better in my opinion.

You send someone a mesage saying jsut checking you received my fax to purchase .... and they don't get back to you is normal

great

You send someone a mesage saying jsut checking you received my fax to purchase .... and they don't get back to you is normal

great

NO I didnt say that. You are. You gave them til 5pm tomorrow...if you want sooner you give them less. The less time you give the greater the call to action you cast upon them.

and I wasn't implying you said anything you didn't, I was though, painiting the picture of what happened which others mightn't have known but might have a comment on

haven't done it many times Rixter and I'm nervous , I can't help it

haven't done it many times Rixter and I'm nervous , I can't help it

That's normal too :p

Seriously tho you got nothing to lose so hang in there..if you miss this one there's plenty more out there to be had. The deal of a lifetime comes along every 3 weeks.

well that sold the next night to someone who offered the asking price.

Howeevre, a few qeeks later and...

A couple of others inthe complex popped up, form photos look more done up. Btu advertised at 306 and 309 not 290k like the last one...

The advertised at $306k is open for inspection at 12.30. 111 visits on realestate.com

I rang the agent selling the other one for $309, no open for inpesction bu happy to pen, how aobt tomorrow morning, i said sure. Seeing him at 9.30. 800 visits on re.com. Actually, looks like the ad's been pulled form realestate.com

Agent told me if it doesn't sell this weekend, it's coming off the market, bit of a soft market he said...

Now I think under 300 is good for these.. 329 is about the highet sale I'm aware of, so if I can get for 300 purchaed and only spend a couple of bucks cause it's mostly done, say 305, think it makes it worthwile..

so do I give all 55 sqm a once over just to confirm what's good / what needs doing and see if the agent opens up with anything ? if he doesn't ask him what he reckons they would acept ? I'm thinking talking about my situationand costs and abiltity to put it together for the loan (plenty deposit, but the other 200k is a problem I can tell him).. so say 285.. + purchasing cost.. 295.. But I would be happy to pay up to 295 I guess , I have a feeling it wont need 5k worth of work, but then again....

Just nervous about actually negotiating.. it looks like though I may be the last person to be looking at it (?)

Jaycee,
You shouldn't be discussing anything about your finances with the REA.
View the place, make your offer..and make it open only for a short time period (24 hrs). Let them counter.Do not put down a large deposit. $100 is plenty,then if accepted..then maybe $400 more.

They don't work for you.

Jaycee,
You shouldn't be discussing anything about your finances with the REA.
View the place, make your offer..and make it open only for a short time period (24 hrs). Let them counter.Do not put down a large deposit. $100 is plenty,then if accepted..then maybe $400 more.

They don't work for you.

I totally agree. REA's work for the vendor. If ones divulging their 'true' business position to the other party then the other party will always win. Dont under any circumstances become emotional to a business transaction. If you do you are letting your heart rule your head and its your head that calculates the numbers.

Back