Letterbox drops - distribution companies

Hi all,

I have done letterbox drops in the past with flyers asking owners if they were looking to sell their home. The hit rate was about 1-2%, so for every 100 flyers I would receive 1-2 calls. Its not a huge response but still better than no response. Last time I did the letterbox drop myself and it is very time consuming! I am looking to target a different area now and thinking of paying someone to do it for me as I don't have time to do it myself.

Has anyone used a distribution company to do this, or paid someone privately? A cheaper alternative might be to pay a school kid to do it, but there is no real way of guaranteeing the flyers would reach the letterbox is there? Does anyone have any other suggestions for distributing flyers?

Cheers,
Ozi

we do it all the time as an agency...there are dozens in the yellow pages you can use...

price in brisbane is about 30-50 bucks per 1000 drops...the pro's like salmat etc i think charge a bit more.

questions to ask when you ring them include:

what guarantees do you have that my fliers will be delivered?? (as opposed to ending up in a bin somewhere)

do you deliver individually or does my flyer end up wedged in with a thousand other fliers and catalogues.

What service delivery promise do you have?? i.e. how do i know they are being delivered where and when i want?

what sort of dispute resolution process do you have in place...

there are heaps of others but you get the drift. You could also be cheeky and find out who and what gets delivered when and approach the other companies paying for delivery and offer to split costs with them if your flyer can go in with theirs

cheers
UC:D

Hi UC,

Thanks for the information. They are good questions you have listed and I will keep these in mind. I did some further research and found one company who charges $43 per 1000 drops. They have a minimum of 10,000 drops though. Hmmm there aren't even that many houses in this particular area.

Cheers,
Ozi

i used to do this when i was a youngen - we got 0.02 for the first letter, 0.012 for the second and 0.01 for each thereafter per letterbox.

Hi, I have used the local scouts and girl guides for this before, they appreciate the chance to earn some funds for the group and really do a good job too!
Also people dont mind seeing kids all out together doing some "honest" work which may benefit there group.

cheers

i used to do this when i was a youngen - we got 0.02 for the first letter, 0.012 for the second and 0.01 for each thereafter per letterbox.

Belu, let me know if you need some weekend work... for a bit of extra pocket money :D :D

Thanks Cairns Agent, I like your idea. At least the funds go to a worthy cause instead of making some advertising company more rich.

Cheers,
Ozi

1-2% for selling your home?

That's an amazing response.

I've done letter box drops for a hefty discount on a Subway sub, and have had not much more repsonse than that.

4-6% is regarded as normal to high. Just to get people to respond. Like, to buy a sub.

1-2% responding about selling a house- that is REALLY good.

yeah and 90% of it gets bundled together so anyone wanting their product read really needs to do it on the days you guys don't deliver so the three foot high pile of junk mail doesn't get dumped straight away.

you're also a lot more expensive - by about 20-25 bucks per thousand last time i checked (early this year)

Back