Life - its not all beer and skittles

In the running for a free lunch

Refinance has just gone through.

Im now a happy CBA client and the builder is fully paid up and though I haven't spoken to him yet, I presume is preparing to get started.

Oh happy days!!! :D:D:D

Let the calm calm waters of smooth sailing prevail.

Blacky

ps - Im very excited. 4 long years and its beginning!!!!

Refinance has just gone through.

Im now a happy CBA client and the builder is fully paid up and though I haven't spoken to him yet, I presume is preparing to get started.

Oh happy days!!! :D:D:D

Let the calm calm waters of smooth sailing prevail.

Blacky

ps - Im very excited. 4 long years and its beginning!!!!

I must have missed this update!

Yay for finance all being sorted.

Here's to seeing a photo of a concrete pad in the not too distant future.

If you need me to go take the photo for you - let me know!!

Update

Workers arrived on site and materials were delivered to site during the week. Im pretty sure Im the proud owner of 3 contrete pads (if not yet, then next week).

Council have thrown a small spanner in the works by requesting that I upgrade the designs to 6star energy rating. Mine are designed to 5 star, so hopefully there wont be too much additional change/cost (or delays) to do this.

On a personal note I have secured a new job, and now need to sort out paperwork for a new visa. Its still based in in Kstan, but its a significant salary increase, and its a 28/28rotation. So effectively I get paid more and work less. The plan is coming together nicely.

Regards
Blacky

H7yOC4S.gif

Great thread Blacky...pretty inspiring for the newbies like me out there! Sounds like the hardest work is all behind the scenes before any building.
Had to ask though, did you ever write a blog about training for a triathlon...it was a guy who's ncikname was Blacky.. goodluck for the build be great to hear how the rest of the process goes!

Workers arrived on site and materials were delivered to site during the week. Im pretty sure Im the proud owner of 3 contrete pads (if not yet, then next week).

Council have thrown a small spanner in the works by requesting that I upgrade the designs to 6star energy rating. Mine are designed to 5 star, so hopefully there wont be too much additional change/cost (or delays) to do this.

On a personal note I have secured a new job, and now need to sort out paperwork for a new visa. Its still based in in Kstan, but its a significant salary increase, and its a 28/28rotation. So effectively I get paid more and work less. The plan is coming together nicely.

Regards
Blacky

Hmm will need to be recertified - hopefully the design actually conforms to 6 star as well.

Want me to take a photos for you of your concrete glories?

Congrats on the new job. Now you can spend 24 or so days micromanaging your builder by pestering the tradies onsite all the time :D

Ninga Cat - Nah, it wasn't me. It may have been my brother tho - he is into all that kind of stuff.

WM - I have my family onto the pics, so should hopefully be able to post regular photo progress.

Will see what council say - hopefully no significant changes will be required.

Cheers
Blacky

Wooohhooooo!!!

And I think I forgot to congrats you on the new job! Fish and chips on you next time you're in town ;)

Thanks. Im very excited.
My shout for F&C... thats fine as long as I actually get to eat some this time :) :D
Speaking of which Im back in April - Ill post up a meeting point for my return.

Blacky

Thanks. Im very excited.
My shout for F&C... thats fine as long as I actually get to eat some this time :) :D
Speaking of which Im back in April - Ill post up a meeting point for my return.

Blacky

I look forward to it - and seeing pictures of beautiful concrete pads

JB update please!!

I'm sure you must have your concrete but are just not rubbing it in my face.

I have nothing, nada, zilch but tumble weeds.

When are you home?

There's not a zoom lens in the world big enough to take a photo of Perth from Kazahkstan. (Or to convince family members to help you out when you're on the other side of the world.)

Yes yes. I am indeed the proud owner of several concert pds. I haven't been able to get photos from family yet. If you are in the area myf and want to call past feel free to do so. Ill msg the address.

There have been a flew slight delays getting docs through council. But I think that is mostly sorted now.

Cheers.
Blackster

Ps sorry for the typos I'm posting on my phone cos I am in transit on my way to Thailand for a couple of weeks to defrost. Then onto Perth on about the 10th May. Will catch up with you then.

Back