Listing my factory unit for lease - any other hints

Congrat's...

Well done Andy on securing your new tenant.

Can I ask…
1. Which form of advertising ended up bringing in the tenant?
2. As a %, how much of your interest came from Gumtree and which ad (banner, website etc) brought in the most interest?
3. You seemed to not get any interest via the Agents website. Was this because they were (primarily) a residential agent? Was it listed in www.RealCommercial.com.au or www.CommercialRealsetate.com.au

Cheers.
B.D

Hi Andy
Good work on the leasing. I am wondering why you did a 2 year deal and is there an option for the tenant to extend the lease?

Congrats! Tis the month to be doing leases. I just signed on a new office space in Norwest, fitted out 143sqm premises for $143 psqm net :)

If he has no caveatable interest in the private property then the caveat cannot be sustained and can be removed. Not to mention that sticking caveats on peoples houses when you have no right to do so is gross misuse of the use of caveats.

Yep that's right, plus if you put the caveat on illegally and it affected the sale you could be up for damages.

Well done Andy on securing your new tenant.

Can I ask…
1. Which form of advertising ended up bringing in the tenant?
2. As a %, how much of your interest came from Gumtree and which ad (banner, website etc) brought in the most interest?
3. You seemed to not get any interest via the Agents website. Was this because they were (primarily) a residential agent? Was it listed in www.RealCommercial.com.au or www.CommercialRealsetate.com.au

Cheers.
B.D

The tenant came from the banner on the building.

We had a lot of interest via gumtree in the first instance but as it became stale there were less and less calls link to gumtree.

The other posible tenant came via the co listing R&W office and I am not sure how he found the site. I had the indication that he had spent some time phoning around the local agents. The other R&W office is local but only a residential agent. On the afternoon that this prospective tenant came through I received another call from one of the bigger commercial REA in the area basically frantic and wanting to show someone the site. They had my number from previous dealings.

In the end it wasn't listed on any of the bigger commercial sites mainly because we had a very keen prospect on the go. He was keen but still strung it out by a month and to the point of a 'take it or leave it' from me.

The rent I am now receiving is $55k pa semi gross, the tenant pays all maintenance.

There is a directors guarantee and 3 months bond and the guarantee survives a change in business ownership. They wouldnt' wear the caveat concept and I just dropped it (good try;))

The 2 years was all they wanted with a 3 year option.

If this tenant doesn't sell the business then I suspect that he will be there for a long time.

Cheers

Hi Andy,

Could you tell me what the current situation is like in padstow. I have a place I co-own but being interstate I don't know the area. I'm being told the area is dying with lots of empty shops. Is this true?

Feel free to pm.

Commercial in Padstow is still quite reasonable although trading conditions are still very tight with current rents for sitting tenants equal to market. Retail is on a downhill slide as there are no drawcard retailers in the shopping centre - Revesby has the better retail choice though commercial/industrial is more difficult here & has been for some time.

Back