Listing on TICA - Guidelines

I've seen reference on the net to legislation in QLD and NSW which restricts what landlords / PM's can list on the TICA database but no reference to VIC.

Do any VIC PM's or landlords know if there are any restrictions as to what can be listed on the TICA database in VIC or if its open slather?

i believe that it is the privacy act that restricts what or when a tenant can be listed on TICA therefore it would be the same restrictions in all states.
My understanding is that a tenant can not be listed on TICA until they have vacated or abandoned the property.

I am a private landlord (in W.A.) and I have just listed my first deadbeat tenant on TICA.

1. The tenant is still in my property (though not for long!). I checked this with TICA and they said that it is not a problem (though that might just be W.A.)
2. I didn't have to list any reasons why I was listing him (you only have to agree to have anyone seeking information about the tenant to contact you for details).
3. I just had to fill in a listing form that they provided (tenants full name and either date of birth/drivers licence no./ passport no.) and supply a photocopy of the first and last pages of the tenancy agreement with the tenant's and landlord's details and signatures on it.
4. I joined as a casual member which cost $143 and entitles me to 10 searches (with no expiry date) and as many listings of bad tenants as I need.
5. Interestingly, when I rang TICA they said I didn't have to be a member to upload bad tenants to the database - you can upload as you need to at a cost of $44 per listing.

I would strongly recommend calling (02 97431800) or emailing them ([email protected]) yourself and asking them. They were very helpful!

Hope this helps!

Am :)

Cheers for your responses.

In Victoria, does anyone know if you can be listed if you are just a listed tenant but not the leaseholder and you haven't signed anything?

You would not be able to list someone unless they were a party to a lease agreement

Tica Policy page see 22
The member will not list any individual on the database who is an approved occupant only.

in other words must be a leasee and on the lease agreement otherwise they are not bound by the lease terms so how could you claim that they were at fault when they were not a party to the lease?

Back