LL insurance that still covers after 6 month lease

Are there residential insurers that still provide full cover on a tenant that stays on after the intial six month lease? (Without actually signing a new lease)
I want to keep my options open for rent increases and/or selling....

Wally,

I use CGU and NRMA but there are others.
Shop around because prices vary depending on your property's location and your individual needs & circumstances.

Don't worry, all landlords insurances will cover you for the duration of the tenancy.

Read your rental agreement

EXPIRATION OF LEASE
Should Tenant remain in possession of the premises with the consent of Landlord after the natural expiration of this lease, a new tenancy from week to week shall be created between Landlord and Tenant which shall be subject to all the terms and conditions hereof.

So after the main lease expires you still have a weekly lease and you are still covered

Cheers

Wally i use Terri Scheer...

BV, i was told by PM the other day there are some nasty clasues out there @ present which make the poicy void. Its a worry...

BV, i was told by PM the other day there are some nasty clasues out there @ present which make the poicy void. Its a worry...

Nathan

The NSW leasing agreements are very clear so I think this is nonsense.
Could this be spreading by people who have an interest in selling particular insurance products?
PM's perhaps??

Cheers

Bv, nah nah i was shocked my agent which i have a few props with wouldnt advise and insurer this time... she said go find your own one.

was totally thrown back by it... i think its absolte cr@p but i went with agents advice and was cautious....

Back