loan for medical professionals

Any information as to what is the maximum possible LVR without paying LMI for medical professionals? I know that CBA does 90%, any others do more than that?

I have a couple of dentist clients who buy at 100% no LMI. They may as well pay LMI though because the loan establishment fees are pretty high.

Practically speaking the most you'll get without LMI is 90%. Not only doctors, but even vets and a few other professions can get the same deal at the moment with multiple lenders. I think the criteria are along the lines of being able to write a prescription.

I have a couple of dentist clients who buy at 100% no LMI. They may as well pay LMI though because the loan establishment fees are pretty high.

Investec Ex Medfin I think.

I recall its an 80 % normal lend, with the balance backed by private PI money at moderately high rates.

for those without the 10 % for a 90 % no MI the 100 % lend is a good deal

ta
rolf

Investec Ex Medfin I think.

I recall its an 80 % normal lend, with the balance backed by private PI money at moderately high rates.

for those without the 10 % for a 90 % no MI the 100 % lend is a good deal

ta
rolf

Spot on as always Rolf.

Yea I know about investec but there interest rates are high and they charge $1300 setup fees....CBA does 90% without LMI but I was wondering that are there any other options or is it even possible for doctors to go more than 90% without LMI

Yea I know about investec but there interest rates are high and they charge $1300 setup fees....CBA does 90% without LMI but I was wondering that are there any other options or is it even possible for doctors to go more than 90% without LMI

As mentioned above the best for standard/decent rates without LMI is 90% with the majors but you need to be a member of specific professional association.

CBA does 90% without LMI but I was wondering that are there any other options or is it even possible for doctors to go more than 90% without LMI

Its is via a variety of means, one example is what Investec Bank does.

The majors that offer the No LMI medico will cap the max lVR at 90 %.

If u look at that, it works out to approx 93 % LVR on a mill purchase, since the LMI is not being paid/capitalised ,,,,

Also, be aware that the waived LMI programs are NOT equal. There is a fair bit of differentiation between them across issues such as rates, borrower types, how many places you can buy, max concentration exposure etc

ta
rolf

Any opinions on these cash backs from some mortgage brokers? Also is it possible to do 90% LVR without LMI through a brocker or do I have to go directly to the banks?

Any opinions on these cash backs from some mortgage brokers? Also is it possible to do 90% LVR without LMI through a brocker or do I have to go directly to the banks?

Investec structures it into two loans. One is quite competitive, the second is privately funded at a significantly higher interest rate. They make the LMI back very quickly with this structure and rely on you not being able to refinance because the LVR is still quite high. It is not as cheap as it's made to look.

The LMI waiver via the banks is available to all sales channels, both broker and direct.

Massive difference between the lenders providing no LMI at 90% so if you are building your portfolio (versus at the end of portfolio) choose the lender careful because most don't refi at 90%.

Heaps of other professions (non medical) are also eligible for the 90% LMI waiver.

Yep - medical also includes Pharmacists with a few banks. :)

Lawyers + few other professionals on 150k+ are also eligible.

Massive difference between the lenders providing no LMI at 90% so if you are building your portfolio (versus at the end of portfolio) choose the lender careful because most don't refi at 90%.

Heaps of other professions (non medical) are also eligible for the 90% LMI waiver.

It's interesting that the LMI waivers are being offered to people who are essentially on fairly high incomes. I get that lenders want to target this income profile, but realistically these sort of people are the last ones that should need an LMI free loan.

I admit I don't have any clients who are professional sports people or politicians, but I've worked with a number of doctors, pharmacists and other medical professionals. Now that the LMI waiver is available they take advantage of it, but it's been fairly rare in the past that they've actually needed it, even those (few) who are reasonably aggressive investors.

It's often said that the banks will give you money when you don't need it and they'll withhold it when you do need it. Nothing ever really changes.

My guys that use them are all Dentists that are not too far out of uni. They earn 40% of what they bill straight off the bat. The seemed to have done normal buys for their PPOR and then seeing where the market is going at present are using the investec model to accumulate quickly.

When you look at trainee doctors then they do need LMI free loans as they don't earn a lot more than any other professionals...

Who offers 90% without LMI to CPAs??

Back