Loan structure?

Hi,

I'm a forum newbie and have a few q's regarding finance for future IP's.

Firstly the background, my wife and I purchased our first IP in Feb this year, a unit in Newcastle for $556k. We borrowed $430k and have an offset account setup with the CBA wealth package with $65k in it and we owe $358.

We live and work overseas (tax free cash ;)), and we have a combined income of $140k with minimal living expenses. We aim to save $90-100k a year after taking holidays etc.

Our IP is renting for $600 per week and we have monthly IO payments of around $1600, strata of $8k pa, and the usual council/water rates and insurance.

When we first approached the CBA we could lend $2.4mil, that figure is around the $2mil now after our first IP purchase.

We would like to invest the remaining $2mil in more IP's, 5-6 asap, with a buy and hold mindset, and eventually draw the equity from the IP's and live off that cash ($90-100k a year is the goal). So getting the loan structure and setup right is important at this point.

So my q's are:

What loan structure do you recommend?
Should we x-coll against our current IP?
What about Offset vs LOC?
Should we borrow as much as possible and pay a large LMI fee?
What is the max LVR a bank will give us?
Which lenders products would suit our needs?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Swoop9.

Hiy Swoop

Welcome

Thems a few questions that mostly cant be answered without a lot of fuzzy logic, that being the soft data behnd your questions.

This can only come out with a fair bit of probing and one to one.

SOme answers are very clear

No to xcoll

No to 2 mill exposure with the one lender

LOC doesnt provide any advantage in your current circumstamces

The rest is up in the air

ta
rolf

Swoop,

Also check your maximum servicing, as with a strengthening Aussie dollar, your borrowing potential may be reduced depending on the currency you are earning.

Hi swoop,

I am sorry I did not reply to your query 10 days ago, please check your PM where I have already replied.

I have been off galavanting around WA with little/no reception.

Regards, JO

Back