LOC interest ?

Ok, so, I have a viridian LOC.

The loan was created on the 26th of July, with a configured debit rate of 0.00%.
The loan was then funded with 49K more or less on the 21st of August, and I started drawing down immediately.

On the 25th of August, I have the following entry:
DEBIT RATE IS 0.000% PA TO $49000 THEN 15.200% PA.
Then a $12.00 accounting fee.
There is no interest charge there.

i've drawn down more since, and got hit with another 2 account fees of 12.00, but STILL no interest has been applied to the account.

I just rang and spoke to the CBA, and the operator told me that it is in fact correct, that it's not like a credit card, and it's all just compressed into the motnhly accounting fee.
That makes no sense though.

Can someone tell me if i should, in fact, be paying interest, as I think I should be.. I'm sure that if it's a mistake, they'll realise eventually, and come and claw their money back.. i'd rather be up front with them.

i just spoke to someone else, who told me they did in fact set me up with a LOC with a 0% interest rate, and, despite the fact that i was happy to remain on that rate, they would have to change it to the stndard variable.

it's unlikely they will backcharge the interest though.

i sholda kept quite.. but i'm kinda glad that i was able to tell them rather than the other way around.

yea, just 12.00 a month.

i really should get a wealth package, to save 28$ a month, pay for itself inside a year..

I have one with ANZ - Breakfree. Have had it for years and it has saved us a fortune in loan, account, credit card and interest rate $$.

so they rang me this morning at 8:30 - we've applied the correct rate to your loan now, and won't be backdating it.

i've just gotten around to checking it, and the rate is now 0.500% PA.
FFS !

This is hilarious, I have the same account with CBA with exactly the same problem!!!!! I rang a month ago to try and get them to charge me. The guy said he had never seen anything like it before and would put in a request to fix it. This week the account is now being charged 0.5%.

I would if I should get an increase of a couple of 100k's.:p

Back