lodoc with offset ?

Hello all,
Looking a lo or no doc with at at least 70% LVR and nil LMI. (buy an IP) I want to set up a offset acc on it too. I want to park some money there and earn 7 odd percent on it if possible.
Do you think this is a feasible or desirable option??
Need some help... please....
:cool:

Giddo

Hi Giddo

Adelaide Bank will go to 76 % lvr with no LMI exposure and provides 100 % interest offset on variable.

STG does as well on the variable, as will for eg Sucorp and BOQ but need to cover the loan with LMI if the LVR is > 60 %

ta

rolf

Giddo

Dont know if you can in your circumstances, but we had a deal where the bank took temp security over some cash and then released progressively. point being that they took security over the property and cash but it got the lvr down.

regards
L

hi Rolf,
Well I am not sure.
I certainly do not wish to pay LMI!

Whether it is agood idea for some else to pay it for me is unknown to me. Sounds ok!

Are there any disadvantages?
I mean am I better not to attract the thing in the first place, or is it ok for me attract LMI and let the lender pay it?

How dumb am I?

Rolf Latham said:
Adelaide Bank will go to 76 % lvr with no LMI exposure and provides 100 % interest offset on variable.

We just borrowed off them @ 80% and paid LMI, if we had only known we could have kicked in some cash and saved the LMI.

Jasper

Giddo,

Most lenders have an LMI policy on LO or No Doc loans, the difference between them though is whether you pay it or they do.

You didnt mention the loan amount? is this under 500K?

If so you should be able to get what you want with no payment of LMI, at a decent Interest rate around 7.24%, but once again it depends on the deal, how long you are intending to keep the property etc? what's the plan with the property etc, as this has a major influence on the type of loan you get, if you pay LMI now and want to sell the property within 3 years, then it may be better of than no LMI and high exit fees....etc

Mitch

Back