Long Settlement and FHOG

Hi Guys,

Just wondering, is it possible to sell a property with the terms to Settle in say 6 months time?

How will this affect someone who is buying the property and wants to use the First Home Owners Grant?

The situation behind this is:

My mother would like to sell her IP but her fixed term doesn't end till October, now with the FHOG coming to an end I think we may not be able to get a "good price" for the property post June 30.

Is it possible to do what I've described?

Date you sign the contract = how much you get.

Money is provided at settlement direct to the bank normally.

If its in the FHOG range you'll have no worries moving it.

+1 your worrying about nothing :)

Is there anything that could be perceived as illegal in doing this?

is this something that would cause us to have problems with the banks?

Is there anything that could be perceived as illegal in doing this?
No, nothing illegal with a delayed settlement - happens all the time for all sorts of reasons.

is this something that would cause us to have problems with the banks?
Not normally no. If it was a very long settlement they might want to re-val the property - could be a problem if the market drops significantly & / or the buyers are doing a high LVR borrow.

Not normally no. If it was a very long settlement they might want to re-val the property - could be a problem if the market drops significantly & / or the buyers are doing a high LVR borrow.

this would be an issue the purchasers would have to resolve right?

Sorry for the silly questions but I just want to be hundred percent sure before i kick this off.

this would be an issue the purchasers would have to resolve right?

Well No & Yes.
No, the bank valuer will just do the val. Nothing a purchaser can do about the outcome of that.

and Yes, the purchasers may have to tip in more cash if the re-val does not come up to the purchase price.

But this is only in the case of a long extended settlement - not just a month or two.

Back