Low deposit premium on top of LMI??

Hi all,
I am currently dealing with the CBA and requesting a drawing of 16k on top of my original 303k loan. My initial LVR was 89% and now is down to 85% (16k increase on loan 40k increase on property value). The CBA however are telling me that I am required to pay a $250-300 low deposit premium if this transaction proceeds. When I asked why I couldnt get a straight answer out of this broker. Could someone please explain if this really correct, and if i need to pay an additional premium even though I havent exceeded my initial LVR?

Many thanks,

Thanks for your response.

Whats meant by total exposure?

My Loan will increase from 303 to 319 although value has increase from 336 to 375.

Hi

Even though the LVR is lower, the actual $ amount is higher

what was thew previous LDP fee amount pls ? If the base loan was below 300 and the LDP was added to it, then this new loan may be at a higher peg level as well.

0 to 300 k per lvr bracket is one rate

300 to 500/600 per lvr bracket is a very different rate

ta

rolf

Makes sense I suppose.

odd that your existing broker couldnt let you know that :rolleyes: aint rocket science for a broker, but very confusing for a borrower

t
rolf

if it wasnt the original broker he wouldnt know what the premiums were unless he had that info to start with.

300 to get 16k isnt a lot. Opportunity can cost a lot more & theres worst lenders than cba

as rolf referenced to - if you go to refinance and you dont have 20% equity on it then you'll likely have to pay lmi on the whole amount again with another lender.

Back