Luxury home

We built this home last year for a young couple. Sad to see they will not get to enjoy the property as it is now on the market.

We helped then with the design and was built by our building company DE Homes.

One of the special thing we did for the client was to approach the council to raise a storm water easement which enabled then to gain 180sqm of land which would otherwise gone to waste. All the other houses in the estate that have this easement usually leave it neglected as they are usually on sloping blocks that need to be raised.

To date this the best and most expensive home we have built. The theater room is built as a sound proof room with double layered plaster board with special acoustic green glue to stop sound waves. The door is solid core with drop seal at the bottom and seals around the other sides. The sound in the theater room is simply amazing.

I hope you enjoy the photos found on this link:

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-cashmere-107868376

Agree, it's a lovely home.

Do you know why they're selling?

Are they likely to break even or make a profit on the sale?

Hmmm I like the theatre room but why granite benchtops? I thought for maximum luxury/class you need to at least put in stone, marble or Corian/acrylic.

Hmmm I like the theatre room but why granite benchtops? I thought for maximum luxury/class you need to at least put in stone, marble or Corian/acrylic.

acrylic is more upmarket than granite ?

(Dont mind me, I haven't a clue !)

Yes it is a nice house

It's best called 'composite stone'. It's mainly resin. (So you'd not want to be breathing it in a fire.) It deteriorates more slowly than marble or limestone, but with regular wear and tear it's ages horribly, where marble and limestone retain their intrinsic beauty despite the inevitable scratches, chips and stains. Granite is massively more durable and inherently stronger than any of them. It just doesn't usually have as much intrinsic beauty. But it works beautifully, so for PIs I'd always recommend granite bench tops if the budget can sensibly accomodate it.

Belbo is the expert here - but I have granite benchtops in my current PPOR and I know that it's not at all practical for the home cook. It might be cheaper (it's dirt cheap from China) but I can assure that people at the premium end of the market (as this home professes to be in) prefer marble or stone rather than granite.

Yes, it gives it a modern look which is what the kitchen in this house is meant to do with the drawers and open space.

Like IKEA ? :D :p :D

Like I said, I have no idea.. I live in an 80's 50 sqm t/house with 47 other residents, but I always thought pure stone was considered more upmarket than plastic.. same as in jewellery etc... and also thought I hae seen stones quite succesfully to give that modern / minimalist look etc.... I agree the other materials look nice too and I think it mght depend on the whole room/house decor...

Is corian / acrylic more expensive than granite ?

Belbo is the expert here - but I have granite benchtops in my current PPOR and I know that it's not at all practical for the home cook. It might be cheaper (it's dirt cheap from China) but I can assure that people at the premium end of the market (as this home professes to be in) prefer marble or stone rather than granite.

What is granite ?

I said good granite...I went and chose mine from importer...they have it from all over the world...some is breathtaking.

It was extremely expensive but is well worth it...makes the kitchen and bathrooms look very classy. It was messy getting it installed but worth the cleaning up.

Chris

Yes, it gives it a modern look which is what the kitchen in this house is meant to do with the drawers and open space.

this is very much personal opinion. the last PPOR I sold I had a reputable agent go on and on about how my house wasnt as premium as others becuase I had corian not granite!

marble would be the last thing you want in a kitchen? cheap and looks good but not durable

this is very much personal opinion. the last PPOR I sold I had a reputable agent go on and on about how my house wasnt as premium as others becuase I had corian not granite!

marble would be the last thing you want in a kitchen? cheap and looks good but not durable

Marble is definitely nice to look at no doubt. But in an active kitchen where you are dealing with acidic foods/liquids all day everyday, marble is just not something I'd put in my own home.

Too true. Marble's not by any means the best possible kitchen surface. But it's in all the best homes. Why?

It's not just because composite stone is in all the Meriton, Multiplex and Mirvac apartments ("But it's just so common though, Darlink!"), but because marble is in every European house. Despite its imperfection for purpose, it is sufficient, but more importantly it's authentically cosmopolitan, which, alongside the fact that it was imported from the other side of the planet, makes it absolutely perfect. In a word, it's a statement: Trophy.

That's why 95% of what we do is marble: Trophy kitchens, trophy bathrooms, trophy what-have-you. Performance be damned: The rich decorate for impression, not for function. (Which is why my favourite sales patter goes, "Of course, Europeans aren't precious about stone. They naturally expect it to go the way of Rome. But who, really, has been there and would want to give Rome a facelift? No: Nothing ages more beautifully than natural stone, and who'd want it to?" Then these try-hard cosmopol' over-travelled face-friezes give me a very large cheque for the heck of it.)

Back