Mackay: Flood risk in Slade Point?

Hi everyone! I'm hoping to yak to a local.

Just looking in-to Slade Point, Mackay and have seen that there are quite a few properties around the area for sale, could this be because the area was damaged by flood with the wild weather earlier this year? I see it is classed as 'high risk' in terms of flood potential from the Pioneer River.

No flood damage in Mackay this year that I am aware of.

I think the media made out that the whole of Qld was underwater. Not quite correct. Sure it wasn't pretty but not as bad as the media makes out.

Bit of flooding in the usual areas of Mackay earlier in the year. Nothing compared to Rocky and further south though. In some spots around the Mackay district, they've had close to or more than 1500mm for the year.

There are some pretty low lying areas of Sladie that can get a bit wet when the tides are right and there's a bit of rain around. Parts of SP are known to be a little rough too, so watch out where you buy.

In saying that, there are some waterfront/waterview blocks/houses that have massive prices on them and more and more people are starting to reno their properties, which always has a flow on effect.

Just PM me if you want to know a little more about the area, I still call Mackay home, but am not back there as often as I'd like.

Thanks guys, The only thing that's holding me back now is the 'double' rates.
They're double what I'm used to paying at around $2,600 a year!

And Body corporate is still about he same, $1,300p/a.
If we could just get around this..

Back