Main-road unit

Would you buy a property/villa that is in "main road", but at 10-15% discount price (considering that the property is located in the inner-ring area 5-8km)?

My understanding, if the suburb value increase, this property value will also increase, isn't it?
Am I correct?

Would you buy a property/villa that is in "main road", but at 10-15% discount price (considering that the property is located in the inner-ring area 5-8km)?
No.

My understanding, if the suburb value increase, this property value will also increase, isn't it? Am I correct?
Yes, BUT:
Vacancy rates will be higher (tenants can rent in a quieter spot).
Time to sell (if you want or need to) will be longer as there is a smaller pool of buyers who will buy on main roads. Remember, if you need to sell, it may be at a future time when the market is slow or IRs are high. These properties can sometimes take 12+ months to sell in these periods (unless you drop the price - and who wants to do that?)

No thanks.

Even though prices can be lower, this is priced in due to the negatives. The downside reval/resale is near unlimited as it's at a valuers discretion/how brutal the market wishes to be against properties like this.

LMI can be a pain at times with these properties depending *how* much of an arterial road it is, but this can be mitigated.

Totally a risk but if it's a location where the buildings will be converted to high rise apartments in future you could do well. But it's speculative only.

would you say the same for secondary roads (traffic lights, still has fair amount of traffic, but still has road side parking, single lane etc)?

Back