Major Lender 1.1% discount effective rate 5.78% negotiated

90% LVR

loan amount 540,000

Rate 6.06 % in professional package.

they told me I am already on the good rate.......

any one had success in getting better rate with Westpac ?

I agree 6.06% is great for LVR 90%. I've just negotiatied 6.05% variable with ANZ and my LVR is closer to 60%.

That is still quite high - depending on your loan amount you should be on a much lower interest rate. For example, if you loan amount is under $500k then the advertised price with Macquarie is 5.85%. If its more than that then you can more a higher discount.

90% LVR
loan amount 540,000
Rate 6.06 % in professional package.
they told me I am already on the good rate.......
any one had success in getting better rate with Westpac ?

LVR maybe the issue for you.

<80% (just) at $400K for 5.99% (0.9%) discount with WESTPAC. Extra 0.1% offered for +$500K which will be taken up soon. Negotiated via phone call direct to the Mortgage Centre.:)

Yes but it converts to 5.99% which is still cheaper and there is no package fees. This is a bit better than 6.05% and that is most likely on the break free package.

Oh yes I agree that Macquarie is a good lender overall with rates etc. For high LVR loans as indicated by the others, the majors don't really have an appetite for them. Homeside/CBA etc all price 90%+ loans quite heavily. Low 6s is a very good rate I would say.

loan amount of around $250k im guessing

I think you are right but even then NAB would give you a rate of 5.95%, city would give 5.94% but in reality the saving wouldn't justify the switch. On a $250k loan you are looking at a saving of $17 per month and thats not taking into consideration the discharge fees.

This time next week, there'll be no banks to deal with. A whole week of sailing and scuba...

http://worldwidediveandsail.com/ourboats/sy-philippinesiren.html

P.SIREN.jpg
546429_374722102577211_37246610_n.jpg

loan amount of around $250k im guessing

Not a bad guess. It's about $318K. Not worth refinancing out of ANZ to get a smaller discount. I was told that if I was willing to shift some of my other loans over to them that I'd get at least 5.9% variable. I think that with a bit of a push I could probably get close to 5.75% variable.

I just called westpac.

it's not working !

I told them that I would like to refinance out, cause i got frustrated for the service such as missing statement, rate too high .....

just not working...

any more tips

You must be able to provide westpac with a offering they can match or beat....at 90% LVR 6.06% with a major is decent...you may be able to get 0.05-0.10% off...but that's not worth refinancing ..even on a 80% LVR....unless your refinancing for " policy" reasons - ie Better serviceability, LVR, LMI cost , equity release, probation etc...

Regards

refinancing

Got two loans with AMP $630k total, 80%, 6.22% variable rate.
Also got one with Wespac, $275k, 90%, 6.19% variable rate.

Both AMP loans got through the brocker. Have tried to approach AMP directly to get better rate, but does not look that they are interested.

would appreciate any advice what to do in my case to get better rates, leave AMP and approach Westpac or move two loans to differnt lender and leave one with Westpac ?

Got two loans with AMP $630k total, 80%, 6.22% variable rate.
Also got one with Wespac, $275k, 90%, 6.19% variable rate.

Both AMP loans got through the brocker. Have tried to approach AMP directly to get better rate, but does not look that they are interested.

would appreciate any advice what to do in my case to get better rates, leave AMP and approach Westpac or move two loans to differnt lender and leave one with Westpac ?

there is a likely reason ur broker used AMP for the last 2 deals....your serviceability is getting tight ?

I doubt that Wesuck will look at taking on any more debt id the servicing is tight

speak to the broker to move you across to the AMP basic product which is around 15 to20 pts cheaper.

Else if that doesnt work, chase down another broker and have a look at options, if the servicing isnt that tight, rates can come down to 5.85 or so

t
arolf

Back