Make offer to agent or via another agent?

ok, cliffs

termite damaged property,on market for $225k, 6 months no sale
I check it out after 6-7 months, sells the next day, not happy jan

finance falls through at $225k
a week later, 2nd buyer at $210k finance falls through
a week later, 3rd buyer at $210k (apparently preapproved) finance falls through

my good friend agent has been in the picture since 1st buyer at $225k fell through, and was going to represent me and put in an offer on my behalf after the first one as he believed there no more offers or interested parties since it had sat on the market for ages, he is as of today still negotiating with the vendor directly (not via the selling agent) since buyer 1

now should I make my offer through original agent or via my friend agent

vendor may be more willing to try a different agent since teh exclusivity has long expired, or should I make an offer via the original agent,

me thinks to go in with an unconfitional offer via the original agent

my original verbal offer of $195k was laughed out all the way down the street

Who introduced you to the property? To avoid commission claims you need to be careful if original agent showed it to you.

Who introduced you to the property? To avoid commission claims you need to be careful if original agent showed it to you.

Definitely the first agent
He told me about it when I had checked out another one of his

Apparently in this area it's quite common for a different agent to approach the current selling agent and say "hey I've got a a buyer do you want to split the commission" or if the exclusivity period has elapsed, to basically take all the commission

I think you can go through an agent to buy a property another agent is selling. But if you already have talked to the selling agent, this may not work smoothly. Once I messed up our friendship with an agent by approaching a house through two agents.

I think I may have typed my situation a bit wrongly

I'm more concerned about seeing what people think about whether to approach the first on second agent to see which would appear as a better probability for my offer to be accepted

Back