Make the Call

Had to share this.
Due to a couple of other threads on SS on best interest rate l decided to give my 2 banks a call to see what they could offer me.
Westpac and Mac. Mac were the surprise they gave me the discount on the spot no checking ,ring back in 7 days , straight up yes we can help
No pushing on my part just a friendly call.
By doing this l have been able to reduce my yearly interest payments by $2466 across my loans. or $205 a month. I am so chuffed.
At the beginning of the new FY l always ring our insurer,s as well across all our policies. I managed to get several hundered $$s reduction here as well.
So with just a few phone calls prolly 2 hours work all up l have saved close to $3,500 for the year and in my little black book that is nothing to be sneazed at.
So make the call there is nothing to loose.
Cheers
yadreamin:)

Actually I just had almost the same fun Yada, insurance came up, (I remembered some wise information from a friend to check out Westpac's insurance), now I have another loan with them, and got (suitable to my inspection/needs) a great discount on multiple lots of IP insurance. Admittedly I do 'manage' my insurance needs, my longer term, prompt paying, satisfactory inspection-tenants, I do not go the whole landlord extra coverage, but good savings nontheless.

I possibly could have done all the work by phone but I went to see her, took a couple of trips, mainly so I could talk face to face and have 'time' with her kinda with all my paperwork, but also to ask questions on stuff that cropped up in my mind as we went through it all...end result I am very pleased with my insurance coverage(s) and the cost.:) Good thread matey. Stuff changes even when you think it isn't.

Interesting, especially like you said with Macquarie. I might have to make some calls. Thanks for sharing the info.

Great post, shows the power of just asking!

One question I like for all premiums or rates is to ask 'How can I reduce my premium/rate?" You can learn about extras you are paying which you might not need with this technique.

You only have to ask the question. Most bankers know the limits the system will take.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back