Management rights!

Has anyone had any experience with this? The wife and I have been looking into it and are going to a seminar in the next few weeks to find out more info.

If anyone has gone down this route I'd appreciate some advice/pro's/cons on whether it could be a good move. I've done a search on here but it hasn't come up with much at all.

We are both in our early 30's so believe given the right property could do the management as a partnership without getting outside help..

Thanks

Has anyone had any experience with this? The wife and I have been looking into it and are going to a seminar in the next few weeks to find out more info.

If anyone has gone down this route I'd appreciate some advice/pro's/cons on whether it could be a good move. I've done a search on here but it hasn't come up with much at all.

We are both in our early 30's so believe given the right property could do the management as a partnership without getting outside help..

Thanks

I had a friend that did it for a few years in brisbane. It seemed like a lot of capital outlay for not much in return. I think the body corporate paid her 33k a year and then she got a percentage of the rent as well. she was also working in the city too. I think she outlayed 650k plus which included a 3 bed townhouse. You will need to be handy and good with people and accessible 6 days a week. You may need a second or part time income too.

Also we used to live in a complex in wynnum, brisbane and the guy there was previously our next door neighbour in papua new guinea amazingly.. A great guy, used to work insurance monday to friday and fit in the complex around this. always worked a massive day on saturday and often him and his wife would fit in inspections, fixing stuff etc throughout the week. personally i think there are easier, better ways to make money but hey, i might be missing something.. also, I think you usually buy the townhouse.. eg 350k for the townhouse and 300k for the management rights etc etc.

Reactions: BV

Thanks

I have looked into these many times

The management rights part is not easy to finance

so you will need equity in another property the majority of the time as management rights go for 2.5x-5x the income.

there is a group of investors that will buy as a group but returns must be 15-18% to the investors which does not leave a lot for the owner in most cases.

also your income will depend on the number of Investment properties are in the building.

if you have no experience managing properties and loose a couple or they sell to owner occ your income will go down and in return the resale value will be less

Back