Managing Property Managers

Hi Fudge

Ive got a 4 self managed property's and 1 managed by an agent due to it being in another state. Out of all the property's the agent managed one has had the most troubles. 1st agents we used sounded very similar to yours - accounting errors, new tenants without our consideration or rent raise, leaving rent to go unpaid, no maintenance checks, bad choice of tenants, rude service, constant change in property manager within the organisation ect. We eventual fired them, and then i self managed it for 2 no drama years which was just organising a plumber and an electrician in that time. We have since given it back to another agent as we needed new tenants, but if they turn out to be keepers, and the new agents are mucking around, i may think about self managing it again. So easy apart from finding new tenants.

I always make sure the PM is a good communicator and well organised and the agency guarantees their services
Depending on the errors, I would complain in writing to the Senior PM and then follow up with phone calls.
Sometimes agencies employ potential PMs and the PM is not up to scratch, and they need to know so they can train them up quickly or sack them.

I always make sure the PM is a good communicator and well organised and the agency guarantees their services
Depending on the errors, I would complain in writing to the Senior PM and then follow up with phone calls.
Sometimes agencies employ potential PMs and the PM is not up to scratch, and they need to know so they can train them up quickly or sack them.

Yes, My problems went to the principal, and I mentioned that I was considering legal action. It all got sorted though.

Cheers,

F

Hi Fudge

Ive got a 4 self managed property's and 1 managed by an agent due to it being in another state. Out of all the property's the agent managed one has had the most troubles. 1st agents we used sounded very similar to yours - accounting errors, new tenants without our consideration or rent raise, leaving rent to go unpaid, no maintenance checks, bad choice of tenants, rude service, constant change in property manager within the organisation ect. We eventual fired them, and then i self managed it for 2 no drama years which was just organising a plumber and an electrician in that time. We have since given it back to another agent as we needed new tenants, but if they turn out to be keepers, and the new agents are mucking around, i may think about self managing it again. So easy apart from finding new tenants.

Yeah, Makes sense. If you manage yourself, it is your money they are dealing with, so would expect it to be on the ball. I get the impression with some agents that they are just working day to day, and if it doesn't get done today...well, there is always tomorrow. Whereas if you are managing yourself, you would be hunting them down.

Cheers,

F

Back