March Melb MSN group meeting - Michael Yardney guest speaker

Folks,

Michael Yardney of Metropole Properties has agreed to come along as our guest speaker for our next Melbourne MSN meeting to be held at Swinburne... we intend to run the next meeting on either Thursday the 20th OR 27th of March, subject to room availability (at Swinburne - Hawthorn), Y-man will check this out for us...

Michael suggested he could talk to us about:
1. How to choose a top performing investment property
2. How to avoid the biggest mistakes made by investors
3. How to avoid the biggest mistakes made by landlords

Due to his development background, I would also suggest we ask him to briefly cover subdivisions/development, but I know we will be limitted to time... I will keep everyone posted on the agenda, but if you have any other suggestions (keeping in mind that we only have a max of 3hrs to cover this in) feel free to give me some feedback...

I will send out more details in the next couple of days re: venue & date... keep both dates free for now...

Note: these are free meetings (no cost) consisting of forum members from both the Somersoft & MSN forums...

Cheers,

MannyB.

Folks,

keep the 20th of March free, we secured a venue at Swinburne for that Thursday. We normally commence at 7pm (so you may want to get there 5-10min earlier to be seated) & go for a couple of hours (can go up to 10pm)... Details on the agenda, venue details, etc... will soon follow, so stay tuned...

Cheers,

MannyB.

Folks,

Below are the full details of our next meeting...

The next Melbourne meeting will be on Thursday 20th March, 7:00pm at:

Room BA201
Swinburne University Hawthorn Campus
Level 2, BA Building
(brown brick 15 storey building south side of railway)
John St
Hawthorn

http://www.street-directory.com.au/...heading=_20JOHN_20STREET,_20HAWTHORN&comment=

Agenda remains unchanged, being:
4. Development tips

PLEASE WATCH OUT FOR PARKING RESTRICTIONS!!

Note: everyone is welcome, feel free to bring a friend & remember it is free... I hope to see u there... :)

Cheers,

MannyB.

Originally posted by manny
Folks,

Agenda remains unchanged, being:
4. Development tips
-----------------------------------------------------
HI guys
Thanks for the invitation to speak, I am looking forward to speaking at your meeting but I will not be covering all these topics in one night.

I offered to speak on one topic, but considering the nature of the meeting and venue, I'm sure it can be an informal structure and I will attempt to answer your individual questions.

If you want to get the full blown evening seminar as we are doing in Sydney, I will be putting one on for FREE in the next few weeks. Due to the overwhelming response in Sydney I will again be sponsored by Ash Morgan Winthrop finance, so I can do a more intensive evening.

We are currently looking for a venue and will keep you updated through the forum.

Folks,

due to Michael running a free session in Melb on the 26th of March (as per the URL below):

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7114

our meeting will be cancelled as Michael will not be able to come to our meeting (details can be found in the e-mail Michael sent me below)... BUT as Michael indicated, all MSN ppl that were going attend our original meeting are welcome to this new session... but in order to secure a seat, make sure you e-mail them ASAP so you don't miss out...

I know I will be going, I hope to see you there...

Cheers,

MannyB.
----------
Michael's original e-mail he sent me can be found below...

Manny

Ooops!!

Something came up but I hope I have a solution.

I appreciate it that you asked me to come and speak on 27th March.

As you may know I’m doing an evening seminar in Sydney on that Monday.

This was so successful and sold out despite 2 changes of venue, that our sponsor Ash Morgan Winthrop organised a session here in
Melbourne on Wednesday 26th March –the day before my talk for your MSN group.

As I have said I won’t be able to cover all the topics you requested on Thursday – but I will be doing so on Wednesday.

Now…. as Wednesday is FREE, and it will be held at the Edmund Barton Centre - the TAFE in South Rd Moorabin, and we will be provide
light catering, may I suggest the following:-

Move your Thursday meeting to Wednesday at our location - we can take up to 250 people and I will do a more intimate talk to your group
in a few months time.

I’m sorry if this puts you out, but I am sure your members will get more out of Wednesday and I just can’t do 3 seminars in one week I
have a business to run too.

Please let me know how you feel. Your members can book by sending an email saying the number of tickets they want to
[email protected]

Sorry Manny

Michael Yardney

Back