Martial Arts Studios in Brisbane - any recommendations?

Moving to Brisbane in 1.5weeks (woo hoo! permanent home for four months at least :D ) and keen to get back into martial arts.
After a studio/training group that is into fitness, and the mental side of things as well as the physical.
Don't mind which particular type (boxing, aikido, karate etc), not after tournaments or ego houses.

Need to rebuild the determination, persistence, self confidence and fitness that I got from training nine years ago.

Will be Northside (Kedron) but don't mind travelling a bit if I have to.

I think if you can find a gym which does mixed martial arts that can be pretty fun and a good work out. I use to do traditional martial arts when i was in my early and mid teens, kung fu and boxing. I had holidays recently and did a small stint (5 weeks) at a local mixed martial arts gym and found it was very fun. Did alot of wrestling during that stint which i enjoyed.

Only thing which anoyed me is the place wasn't very clean (while rolling around on mats).

On that note does anyone here follow MMA?

Ta guys

Wylie - I'll shoot you a PM

RH - I might look into MMA - but the structure of traditional martial arts (very solid discipline, gradings etc) is what appeals to me on top of the fitness. I'll probably hook up with one of the ironman tri clubs for fitness once I've got my base back :) Ta :)

Back