Media Watch - desperate realestate agents spruiking

When you get real-estate agents desperately spruiking, you definately know there is something wrong with the market. And when the main media is reporting the next boom, and recession over, be worried!.

Check out the Media Watch piece from last night. They are getting desperate.
http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/s2651632.htm

link not working - copy from below.
--http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/s2651632.htm

Hey Propertunity, your not one of these guys are you?,, haha, just kidding.

- First, a young bloke - had recently bought two properties - WOW ! .. must do it too !
- Next a more mature guy - definitley time to get in NOW .. best time ever ..
- Third, another young bloke - getting in now - buy an IP - best time ever ..

Further investigation however, revealed that ..

- The 1st was a sales guy from Ray White
- The second was his boss, the owner of that office
- The third was also from Ray White a business manager or something, same Ray White office ..

Yes, it was very funny that story. From memory one of the blokes didn't even invest in property?
I think it's more symptomatic of lazy reporting than anything. The reporter would have been told to do a story on IP prices and went straight to an agent. He was a contractor and might not be getting much more work for a while.

Hey Propertunity, your not one of these guys are you?,, haha, just kidding.

I did not see the piece - but just watched it now. Nah :D those guys are much younger and better looking than me.:p

My assessment is the same as depreciator's though "I think it's more symptomatic of lazy reporting than anything."

Not surprising to see REAs that don't invest either - they just spend all their comms - on overseas hols & such. Like some one else I know - hey 888 ;) How're the shares going? - good to see some upward trends there too.

I'm all for these type of property spruiking and "recession over" media reports. More lambs to the slaughter :).

Yeah, overseas holidays "like someone you know". 4 weeks at the end of the year.

Mostly out of shares for now (at about 3900). Maybe a little bit of upside to go I suppose (I'm picking maybe 4500 for all ords), but I don't want to get caught in the panick on the way down again. Some nice gains. Parking money in offset for now. Why get greedy. 10% upside maybe left at most. Bugger all when you cashing out AIO, etc on 93% gains.

Hey. if I call the market wrong, so what. Won't care on the slopes in Switzerland.

Back