Melbourne Early March (to make up for Feb!) Gathering - Camberwell Tuesday 5th

Thank you everyone for such a lovely time last night :)

I already look forward to the next gathering!

Cheers,
D.

Thanks all who made it. Great to see some new faces.

I must say - the state of food business in Camberwell is (economically) worrying.

Granted it was Tuesday night, but as I walked to the Palace, I went past several restaurants, and most of them had only 1 or 2 tables seated (at 8pm) - I'm sure they'd be losing money on nights like that.

Then when I got to the Palace, I was expecting a decently populated venue, but we almost had the place to ourselves (which was great for us!!)

The Y-man

p.s. Peastman - what was that you ordered? Looked like a whole vienna loaf on your plate with chips and salad! :confused:

Was great to meet some more SS forumites :) Agree Y-man, not exactly a bustling hub of activity in Camberwell, maybe a reflection of the state of our current economy ?
Very much look forward to the next 'gathering' :) Thanks Peastman aka Phil for kindly
getting me there and home safely, and in a swanky pommie car LOL

unfortuantely, camberwell's hospitality scene has been in decline for ages,
rising rents,lots of competition, and my opinion, crappy crappy parking is the biggest killer,

also the planning is poor, the shops are leased out to anybody so you might have a newsagency, next to a female fashion shop, next to a cafe, next to a mcdonalds, next to a restaurant,

hardly a place that I would want to go to,

only a few places seem to be doing well, sofias, tea house,and a few mid range asian places

Back