Melbourne January 2011 - MIG Dinner/Meeting TUESDAY 25th

Hi All,

As our "normal" last Wednesday falls on a public holiday, the first meeting for 2011 will be on TUESDAY 25th January

7:00pm onwards
Monash Hotel Bistro
2077 Dandenong Rd, Clayton
http://www.monashhotel.com.au/

Booking under "Somersoft"

Please RSVP on this thread so I can get rough numbers.

Cheers,

The Y-man

Sounds good, thanks Y-Man. Unfortunately, just discovered that we're already engaged elsewhere that night... Looking forward to the Feb meet, instead!

Last edited:
One for me thanks Y-man.

This MIG SS dinner is going to be my " last supper" for quite a while. Looking forward to catching up with as many Melbourne folk as possible.

MIG Dinner/Meeting

Hi Y-man,

Just wondering what exactly is the MIG Dinner/Meeting about? I am new to this forum and hence am curious as to how much it is to partipate in this dinner/meeting and what this dinner/meeting will talk about?

Thank you.

Hi Y-man,

Just wondering what exactly is the MIG Dinner/Meeting about? I am new to this forum and hence am curious as to how much it is to partipate in this dinner/meeting and what this dinner/meeting will talk about?

Thank you.

In this case, we just get together at a bistro and talk with other Somersoft members - nothing structued, just people with a common interest getting together for a yarn.

The only cost is whatever you order for dinner (some people eat before they come and may only come in for a coffee and that's fine too). There is a menu with pricing on the link in the first post.

The Y-man

Meeting in Melbourne

Hi Y-Man

I am new to forum. I want to come to meeting along with my one friend. Can you Pl suggest how to book?

Thanks
RSB

Hi All,

As our "normal" last Wednesday falls on a public holiday, the first meeting for 2011 will be on TUESDAY 25th January

7:00pm onwar
Monash Hotel Bistro
2077 Dandenong Rd, Clayton
http://www.monashhotel.com.au/

Booking under "Somersoft"

Please RSVP on this thread so I can get rough numbers.

Cheers,

The Y-man

G'Day

Mike and I will be there

and as Y-man says, everyone is welcome

No-one is going to try and sell you anything

This is not a Sales Seminar, or a Marketing Opportunity, or any excuse for anything except getting out of doing the dishes!

Those of us who can, and who feel so inclined, just mosey along, share a meal and a drink of whatever you fancy, and talk about property. Even experienced investors can pick up a hint or two, and for 'just starters' there is always someone willing to listen and who may have a helpful idea just right for you.

So whether you are looking to buy that first home, or a block of flats, or maybe toying with the idea of subdividing your backyard, or just wanting to renovate the bathroom, there will be someone who has done it before and besides that, those of us who do go to these monthly dinners are genuinely interested in property (and people) and are happy to share the wisdom of our experience.

For those of you who think this will be a 'listen and take notes' event, well, it's not unless you bring your own paper and pen and grill us all with Twenty Questions. Otherwise, it's usually quite a friendly evening and well worth the trip to meet lots of ordinary people doing extraordinary things.

Just as an aside, when I went to my Property Manager's XMas Drinkies event, I sat for a while next to a couple of blue rinsed old ladies who were eagerly eating everything that went past, while sipping delicately on their one glass of wine.

'Are you Landlords or Tradies?' I asked (a bit wickedly!). 'Oh, landlords', they replied (completely po faced), taking another chicken mignon. 'She just subdivided her backyard' said one blue rinsed lady, indicating her friend, 'Oh, Beryl, you know that wasn't much!' replied the friend, 'What about the time we renovated those flats, remember that? And we couldn't get the electrician and we had people moving in, and .....'

Turned out that these two little old ladies held a combined property value of about $5,000,000. Yes, ordinary people doing extraordinary things. All in a days' work!

cheers
Kristine

Last edited:
Back