Melbourne September 2009 - MIG Dinner/Meeting

Thanks Y-Man

I shall note it in the diary.

From all accounts, the previous dinner (when I had Bubonic Plague) at the Monash was very well attended

Hopefully the large turnout can be repeated

I look forward to meeting some new faces

Remember everyone: This is a lovely, informal way of meeting other property investors.

No body tries to sell you anything, except their pet theories, and you can always pick up some ideas for your next - or first - investment.

We all started somewhere, often with no one to talk to about it - when I bought my first investment property in 1994 my friends were horrified!

'What! You bought that place!! That Mission Brown wonder down on that busy corner!! What on Earth for? Who would want to live there? Don't you know it's a drag strip on a Saturday night? Haven't you seen the rubber on the road? Don't you know it's been for sale for ever? '

Well, that place has trebled in value and I am now getting about 16% rent return. Not bad for an ugly duckling.

So do come along and share a steak with those of us who have been there, done that, and yet continue to get a thrill out of investing in property

Cheers
Kristine

I would love to join but I don't get to come back to Melb until the weekend. Would it be possible to organise the next meeting on a Saturday night?

I would love to join but I don't get to come back to Melb until the weekend. Would it be possible to organise the next meeting on a Saturday night?

We'll have to see. Our standard meet is the last Wednesday of every month. A lot of people are tied up Saturdays (me included :))

The Y-man

Hi,

I would like to RSVP for two please. :)

First time poster, I have been following some of the great discussions on the forum for the last 4-6 months.

My partner and I are keen to learn new perspectives on the great wide world of investing and share the little knowledge we know ourselves.

Cheers,

Jonril

Unfortunately, I think that I'll have to pike again this month. I'm told that on Wednesday, one of the girls is turning 29 (for third or fourth time now?) so I'd best be along there. Might be able to make a late appearance but won't be counting on it...

Have fun there everyone, hopefully I'll be able to catch up with you next time :)

One for me thanks Y-Man

I also missed last month as we were away warming our bones up north. :D

There may be a slim chance I need to bail (shall let you know tomorrow arvo), however please add me for now.......looking forward to it :)

Hi, unfortunately Me and Mr S&S will have to un-invite ourselves! I have to get my paperwork in order before seeing the accountant tomorrow. I am not the most organised person so I think tonight will be spent trying to find some of my financial statements....:eek:

Back