Mentors:turning Ratbag kids into property entrepreneurs!

Dear visionaries!
I am the founder of the Chutzpah Factory College of Entrepreneurship; a tax-deductible charity that teaches accredited entrepreneurship training to youth at-risk. Chutzpah’ is Yiddish for cheekiness, guts, drive and audacity i.e. entrepreneur!

I am in the process of setting up colleges across australia and I am developing a database of mentors and volunteers who would be interested in sharing their insights and knowledge on property, investment, entrepreneurship and business with our Chutzpaniks (Students!). This could take the form of mentoring, one-off workshops, on-call advice, on-line chats, work-experience, traineeships etc.

The colleges are all start-ups. On a shoe-string budget last year, I have had stunning successes of young at-risk graduates starting and running new businesses. "At-risk" means young people who are excluded from mainstream education and systems due to family abuse, offending, personality typology or simply too creative for our conformist systems!

The Colleges are spin-offs from my PhD entrepreneurship research into Chutzpah in successful entrepreneurs and maverick youth. There is one running in Victoria and three more launching this year, including the world's first indigenous college in WA Goldfields.

Of course you would need to undergo relevant child-safety clearances in your state before you could work with the kids.

Come on you maverick geniuses - connect your heart with your heads and drop me a line! It will be one of the most rewarding things you have done this year!

Warm wishes!
Louise

louise said:
The Colleges are spin-offs from my PhD entrepreneurship research into Chutzpah in successful entrepreneurs and maverick youth. There is one running in Victoria and three more launching this year, including the world's first indigenous college in WA Goldfields.

Kalgoorlie/Boulder would currently be the best place in Australia for this sort of thing due to:

- High rents and a strong rental market
- Cheap houses (many fibro places that need work)
- Lower income working people that need economical rental housing
- Unmet Aboriginal housing needs
- Opportunities for multiple occupancy near the CBD
- A shortage of tradespeople
- Some social problems (so no shortage of eligible kids)

So as an idea it has a lot of merit and it it's going to work anywhere, it would be Kalgoorlie/Boulder.

Do you have a website and other material so people can do their own research and examine your record?

Peter

Great feedback SM. To clarify, this is more than just an idea, it is a living breathing entity with a track record of a College running and more sprouting up across Oz as we speak, graduates with businesses and nationally recognised qualifications and CHANGED LIVES!!!!!!! .....As mentioned in previous reply-post see www.exi.edu.au

see you there!

Sorry SM - Just realised there are two threads running which is why you didn't see the website. The other thread is in Investor Psychology - yep - I am a psychologist!

Back