Metropole is seeking a property expert in Victoria

I went to a few metropole seminars around mid to late 2000s. There was some good info there but there was also some stuff which was downright dangerous imo.

1) strongly recommending no one ever sell.
2) using estimated capital growth for properties when doing development feasibilities, in particular those via their buyers agency/development arm. We all know how dangerous it is to assume capital groeth in a development.

3) telling people to consider capital growth in their portfolio in their income calculations. Enough said.

Michael Y / Metropole know their stuff BUT they are more focused on sales that providing guidance and quality information.

So my impression for that job is you'd need to first be a slick sales person then (much less important) a property expert.

I went to a few metropole seminars around mid to late 2000s. There was some good info there but there was also some stuff which was downright dangerous imo.

1) strongly recommending no one ever sell.
2) using estimated capital growth for properties when doing development feasibilities, in particular those via their buyers agency/development arm. We all know how dangerous it is to assume capital groeth in a development.
3) telling people to consider capital growth in their portfolio in their income calculations. Enough said

Might work back in 2000. Very dangerous now. I still remember his teaching to keep increase LoC to fund lifestyle and don't sell any properties, using LoDoc @ 60% LVR

He's paid a business to clean up the web but if you do some googling you'll find some information.

to be fair that was 20 years ago and there has been no indication whatsoever it has happened again. not in any way condoning but if someone has paid their dues and is rehabilitated they should be given a second chance.

my issue isnt with him personally, i jus agree with metrolpoles approach.

my info is really out of date though so they could have chnged their POV

OC1,

With your comments I thought you may have experienced issues first hand that's all..

As mentioned if they are selling their own properties..buyer beware..

If you are going to apply to work for any company (property-related or otherwise), you really need to do your research regarding not only the organisation itself but the owner. Only my opinion, I know, but I believe character speaks tomes about a person and doesn't merely apply to personal life, but business as well...

He's paid a business to clean up the web but if you do some googling you'll find some information.
I didn't even know such a business existed!
If you are going to apply to work for any company (property-related or otherwise), you really need to do your research regarding not only the organisation itself but the owner. Only my opinion, I know, but I believe character speaks tomes about a person and doesn't merely apply to personal life, but business as well...

The lawyer in me says if you've done the time you are square with society and there should be consideration that you have rehabilitated. I actually consider the "problems" unrelated to the quality of the advice given but having said that we are actually talking about working there which is a different relationship.

Proceed with caution.

Back