Michael yardney's public seminars

Hi

Its been 12 months since I have conducted any public seminars but after some coaxing from a few people I will be speaking in Melbourne Sydney and Brisbane next month.

I announced this yesterday in my newsletter and we are almost booked out - we have already had to change the Brisbane venue and date (we had 120 bookings for Brisbane in the first 4 hours and even more for Melbourne and Syndney)

When:
Sydney: Monday 8th March.
Melbourne: Wednesday 17th March
Brisbane: Monday 22th March

Where:
the locations will be advised to those who book by email.

Why is it free?
Thanks to the courtesy of our sponsors.

How do I book?
Only be email-
For Sydney send an email to [email protected] with your name and how many tickets and we will send you the details.

For Melbourne send an email to [email protected] with your name and how many tickets and we will send you the details.

For Brisbane send an email to [email protected] with your name and how many tickets and we will tell you the details.

As seats are limited bookings will be taken on a first come first served basis.

What will be discussed?

I will discuss how to approach the property market in these changing economic times.
On the night you will learn:
-An overview of where the market is and where it's heading
- How I have changed my research and buying criteria to take advantage of today's market.
- A true story about the myth of location, location, location….
-An overview of the positive cash flow you can achieve through commercial properties.
- How I earn up 100% on my money day in day out in the real estate market
- A little about property development

As you know, my main business is as a property developer and I am currently involved in over 60 development projects. I have been an active property investor for over 30 years. What I am discussing is what I do every day in the property market - the techniques I personally use not just theory

Regards,

Last edited:
bundy1964 said:
Can I fit in your carry in bag Duncan?

bundy

Sorry I'm not coming to Adelaide Bundy
Last year I got so many emails complaining I didn't come to Brisbane that I added a Brisbane seminar this year.

We have had to change the venue there to a larger room as we have well over 200 atending in Brisbane.

We have also put on an extra night in Melbourne because we booked out.

I look forward to catching up with as many of you as possible.

Last edited:
Thoughts on Michael Yardney's Sydney seminar

Michael Yardney said:
Sorry I'm not coming to Adelaide Bundy
Last year I got so many emails complaining I didn't come to Brisbane that I added a Brisbane seminar this year.

We have had to change the venue there to a larger room as we have well over 200 atending in Brisbane.

We have also put on an extra night in Melbourne because we booked out.

I look forward to catching up with as many of you as possible.

Some constructive feedback and observations on MY's Sydney seminar.

This seminar was free and I only just got my money's worth. ;)

To be fair, I had fairly low expectations, and Michael just met those.

Whilst I appreciate it is always difficult in seminars to:

a) pitch it at the right level for your audience; and
b) talk in detail about complex topics in a short space of time.

IMHO Michael failed on both those counts. I don't doubt his experience or expertise, but he didn't communicate either very well.

The first 2/3 of the 3 hour seminar was spent with Michael detailing his thoughts on where we're at in the property cycle and why. It was quite evident that Michael had given a great deal of thought and reviewed a considerable amount of research data in reaching his conclusions. Whilst he has some interesting observations, the delivery was very poor.

As I mentioned, it was a free seminar, but I would have gladly paid him to stop wasting time with some really tired old jokes and banal slideshows to get on with sharing his decades of property development experience. As a comedian Michael makes a great property developer! :rolleyes:

The "sales" component of the seminar (for his property workshop and for the sponsors NAB and his property management arm) was clearly stated and, whilst enthusiastic, was not over the top - which I think most people appreciated. Once Michael took off his "sales" hat he didn't labour the point.

The final 3rd of the seminar was about property development - which most of the audience had probably come to hear about. Now nothing's going to make you a successful developer except development experience, but I hoped to hear a few insightful comments and perhaps some case studies of what went right, what went wrong and what to watch out for. Whilst Michael presented some actual deals it was largely confined to gross figures for purchase, date, sale with DA and date. That's nice, but a breakdown of the costs and steps to get from A to DA ;) would have been nice and demonstrated Michael's expertise.

Michael's examples were armchair developments Metropole had managed for his clients, yet there was no discussion of the amount of Metropole's fees. Whilst there was a line on one of his handouts stating that Metropole charges a set fee and doesn't take an equity stake - some details about how his firm charges would have been useful info as well.

Going forward, I think Michael should up the level significantly (assume his audience are investors who know their niche but want an introduction to his), cut down on the time wasting and give some more time and detail about the development process. We don't care that it's different in each state - tell us about Victoria! The Victorians will be happy and the rest of us can invest in Vic or think about how to apply those things interstate.

Maybe this is sounding like harsh criticism of Michael when he has freely given 3 hours of his time to speak to investors...but equally, we all gave 3 hours of our time to hear him and accepted marketing approaches from his sponsors (admittedly only on request). It was by no means the worst free seminar I've been too, but nowhere near the best.

My 2.2 cents...
Cheers
N.

Nigel,

Thanks for your feedback. I am down to go to the BrisVegas seminar later this month; I was looking forward to his seminar. Likewise, I am happy to post my thoughts shortly after attending.

As Michael is a member of this forum, I am sure he will consider your feedback. I receive Michael's newsletter which I do appreciate. I have not yet used any of his services and I am not associated with Michael in any way.

Back