Mid-Week Auction before xmas

Hi, first time poster. Been doing some investing over the past 12 months.
I'm assisting a family member in the sales process for their family home at present.

I'd be interested to hear member's views regarding the pro's and con's with selling at a mid week auction (on- site), rather than weekend auction. I'd prefer weekend, but with the property only going on the market this week, a 3 week market campaign takes us up to auction on Saturday 21 December (perhaps a little too close to xmas). Other option is a two week campaign and auctioning on 14 December. With an obviously strong sellers market at present, perhaps two weeks would be enough. We have building and pest report completed ready to provide to potential purchasers if they want to use it or rely.

Or, perhaps auctioning mid week on 18th December which gets it done before the last weekend prior to the xmas mad rush.

What are your thoughts?

Breamster

I have a property to be listed tomorrow and going to auction on 14 dec. I was worried that 14 dec is too close to Christmas but there are a lot of auctions happening that day. I'd think 18th is too close to Christmas. What is your agents view on this?

Hi Beachgurl

Agent says that this two week timeframe should be fine given the state of the market. Although Im very happy with agent, it's always possible they will say this to push the sale through - knowing there is a good chance we will get some very reasonable offers, whereas of course you and I are looking for the absolute top $$.

Perhaps the 18th is a bit close. Sat 14th might be best - more particularly so combined with mid week inspections. Are you have mid week inspections?

There are no plans for midweek inspections but the agent may take people thu for a subsequent inspection on request. First open is Saturday

I agree with Wylie on midweek inspections if the location allows. Mine backs onto the M4 and it isn't the best way to sell a property seeing semi trailers completely stopped not too far away from the back steps.

Back