Missing the big picture guys

There's something missing from SS now - the alternative views to look at investing, life, family..

Sunfish, WW, Bill L, Dazz all gave different and sometimes controversial views and I miss the balance they provided. And the humour that went with it.

I agree. I have been thinking the same as i noticed the change in the forum in the last week or 2.

Most (if not all) the experienced, successful older investors have left the forum. The few that are left post very little.

And sadly their differing views and controversial posts with them.

Its very much newbies passing on theory to even newer investors and small business owners using the forum to market their services here.

If people wanted a conservative forum where everyone agrees with each other and pats each other on the back. Here it is.

here we go again...............any chance of moving forward???

there must be some struggling investors who cant move past yesterday on here considering the posts whinging and whining about who has left the forum.

they left of their own accord didnt they?

they are adults who made decisions balanced on their ideas of what they felt was wrong.

i for one welcome anyones view but the site is not publically owned therefore posts posted can be removed at anytime.

if people cant handle this then that is ordinary and weak minded to say the least...

hope this whole thread is deleted personally....

There's something missing from SS now - the alternative views to look at investing, life, family..

Sunfish, WW, Bill L, Dazz all gave different and sometimes controversial views and I miss the balance they provided. And the humour that went with it.

Intrinsic_Value is also gone apparently.

People come and go.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Don't forget it is summer now and people get busier.

I've only been on here a short time compared to others.

I will miss the information some of these people provided but not necessarily the superior attitudes & condescending 'advice' contained in their posts.

I believe there is still a wealth of knowledge here & a lot of humour too.

Perhaps it was the right time for them to move on & pursue other interests / put their energy into something they felt more worthwhile than being on SS?

I kinda agree with csc2, time to dry your eyes princesses & move on from this whining about who's gone & what a loss it is....how many posts now on this tired subject?

That kind of attitude will get you far. :mad:

Its exactly why this forum isn't half what it used to be.

I kinda agree with csc2, time to dry your eyes princesses & move on from this whining about who's gone & what a loss it is....how many posts now on this tired subject?

Agree, huge loss to the character of this forum.

How cliche! LOL Are you actually saying anything here Simon?

I have been a member here close on ten years now.

We could name lots of prolific posters who moved on for all sorts of reasons during that time.

The forum doesn't really change much - it has always been the less experienced people in search of info that the more experienced provided.

From here things wiull be a bit quieter as the days are nicer and longer - I know I will be online less.

Hopefully you can pick up the gist of what I was saying :)

It was actually said more as a tongue-in-cheek 'tribute' to Dazz/Sunfish etc as I believe that is probably what they've told others to do many a time.

I don't believe they'll be mooning around with sorry looks on their faces. I think they have better things to do & I appreciated them telling it how they saw it, even if it was rather harsh sometimes.

Perhaps you can step into their shoes evand :rolleyes:

Is this thread meant to be funny? :rolleyes:

Dazz had a big head before... imagine if he's reading this, that the forum has turned to nothing because he's no longer around. :D

I think there's still some very valuable information about. There's one member in particular (although there are many others also) who I respect and contributes greatly and is still around, so I think it still has quality information to offer.

There's one member in particular (although there are many others also) who I respect and contributes greatly and is still around, so I think it still has quality information to offer.

Why, thank you very much for your kind words, Biggles. :)

Boods

Most (if not all) the experienced, successful older investors have left the forum. The few that are left post very little.

Hay one of those must be me. :eek:

I've been around 11 years, since SS started.

Over that time I find the same questions get ask as each wave of new members join the forum. All my answers can still be found using the search button just the same as all those who have left for one reason or another.

Last edited:

Please call lifeline! seriously....

why not step up yourself then instead of bagging me?

you have a lot of posts mostly about nothing, just like me it seems? :)

"Back in my day....." :eek:

The big picture I believe from this forum is you will gather lots and lots of different takes on things here.

You will gather lots of different levels of knowledge, lots of different attitudes and egos.

I particularly like the questions from the newbies, and being able to answer a few.

I like even more the time-wasting Trolls - I love to poke fun at them as they preach from the armchair with the slide rule. They actually do make a valuable contribution in a round about way.

Everyone colours the picture.

So, your big picture should be to take it all in - good and bad, and then you can make some very informed investing decisions.

End of lecture from Dad. :D

For me; I will miss Dazz and WW - they are funny blokes. They will be back I reckon. I've had a few breaks form here; gone away for a sook after an unpleasant exchange, but didn't feel the need to announce it to everyone.

WW & Dazz's leaving kinda reminds me of the old gag.

"My wife's run off with my best friend, and I miss him!"

But I can't decide who is which?

I agree. I have been thinking the same as i noticed the change in the forum in the last week or 2.

And sadly their differing views and controversial posts with them.

Its very much newbies passing on theory to even newer investors and small business owners using the forum to market their services here.

If people wanted a conservative forum where everyone agrees with each other and pats each other on the back. Here it is.

Agree with all these points.

People might resent 'older and more experienced' but many others left can't take too seriously the information and knowledge of the 'young and inexperienced'. Note I did not say resent the latter.

I know I'm spending only half the time here and often reading only part of some threads or not at all.

It's a shame some people take offense to opposing views or view them as condescending to theirs.

IMO, the richness of this site has gone and that's a real shame.

Last edited:
What happened to The Wife and AceyDuecey, I rember them from when I joined the forum.
I also agree that their positions get replaced and they are soon forgotten.

Back