More eBay ingenuity

In keeping with some of the recent eBay oddities (the toasted sandwich, the grandfathers ghost) a new craze seems to be emerging - Advertising on body parts :D

One guy in the US is selling Advertising on his forehead with bids currently up towards $10,000 AUD.

Another entrepreneurial lass in Scotland is encouraging bidders to Advertise on her cleavage

Plenty of money out there if you've got the right idea (and the assets to leverage with ;) )

Jamie.

I don't know what's funnier, the clowns who advertise their oddities or those that actually take the time to look for them!!! :p

A psych I had on my staff once used to spend a huge part of his day surfing the net looking for weird and whacky stuff like the above ads, until I promptly reminded him we were booked to full capacity with people in need of help without him having to scour the net looking for new "hopefuls"!!! :D

Yep, there is definitely money to be made out there, on many levels!!! :cool:

Reactions: qaz
Aceyducey said:
I've been advertising on my chest, forehead & butt for years.

That I refuse to do.

If a T-shirt, it is best to turn it inside out. If it overhangs any advertising on jeans, so much the better!

I don't go as far as turning shopping bags inside out; the cardboard ones the shopping centre clothing places give you would possibly split their sides. No such problem with the old shopping bag typically used by op-shops.

Was given a clothing voucher so went into a major city department store that I never visited before. It was organised by brands and labels. People are either incredibly stupid :( or incredibly discriminating :) - it all looked the same to me ; )

Peter

Glebe wrote:

'I take it you have no plans on being a chick magnet, Pete?'

I should have pointed out that inside outing is only a last resort; better to buy non-branded so this dilemma never arises :)

Also you are not supporting over-priced products and the associated marketing/PR complex :)

Peter

Spiderman said:
Also you are not supporting over-priced products and the associated marketing/PR complex
You're assuming that they are bought new :)

Lots of designer clothes at op shops (and actually some of them are new - end of line stuff).

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Monopoly said:
Yep, there is definitely money to be made out there, on many levels!!! :cool:
I heard someone had found a Nutri-Grain cereal piece that looked like the alien in E.T. He got $1100 for it. :p:p

I dont know what amazes me more - the ebay scam or the posts about branding...

While Im here - XXXX supports free advertising =P

Ive got a few shirts made up - they get plenty of feedback

This is quirky stuff masqarading as news hence the interest.

I wonder how much you get to offer to wear branded clothing? Nothing because we do. When everone has forehead tatooed the same value will apply.
:rolleyes:

I think maybe this is simply the change of the world to a global community. When once the local town had it local sponsors now it is world wide.

It is a phase. Like sex in space in say 20 years time. Will it be any better, does it matter? It is simply celebrity.

But whilst ever we watch, starstruck, aus idol, big brother we feed the machine. Even when we discuss it here.

Peter 147

Peter 147 said:
But whilst ever we watch, starstruck, aus idol, big brother we feed the machine. Even when we discuss it here.

Peter 147
That's it then, I'm not discussing it.

N.B This is not a discussion

Back