Moree and Griffith NSW

HI

I have been browsing these to areas for a potential IP, just wondering what everyones opinions are on these areas. I know Moree has a pretty high crime rate and I have also heard that Griffith has done poorly in the past but it may be starting to upswing slightly. I read an article last night about Griffith

https://www.griffith.nsw.gov.au/cp_themes/default/page.asp?p=DOC-CXE-08-83-64

Just wondering from an Investment point of view if I should be looking in different area or possibly states to acheive a better deal. Ideally im after a 2 or 3 bedroom house for under $180K

Thanks

What about Dubbo? - lots more going for it IMO
Personally I wouldn't touch Moree and I don't think Griffith has the same 'vibrancy' as Dubbo. In saying all that I haven't researched any of these so I dont have much to offer other than sheer opinion. I have only visited all 3 and that was my impression.

I was in Dubbo 2 years ago and I must admit I didnt find it to bad probably should have purchased back then as it seems prices have crept up a little bit since then. What would your reasons be for not touching moree? I also now have gunnedah on my radar

I have been drunk in Moree and Dubbo but not Griffith. I get a bad vibe from Griffith. Maybe I've been watching too many Godfather type shows.

Moree for pig shooting and health spas. Dubbo seems real big. Hotels everywhere, stayed at that motor inn on the main drag I think. But I remember West Dubbo was a problem area. Difficult one to pick.

I have been drunk in Moree and Dubbo but not Griffith. I get a bad vibe from Griffith. Maybe I've been watching too many Godfather type shows.

Moree for pig shooting and health spas. Dubbo seems real big. Hotels everywhere, stayed at that motor inn on the main drag I think. But I remember West Dubbo was a problem area. Difficult one to pick.

Funny you should mention that as I have been drunk at Dubbo but not the other 2 towns and I also stayed in the motor inn on the main drag near the kfc. Going into the town being a Sydney/Newcastle sider I was actually suprised at the size of the town and what they had there. I think for the money I want to spend though less than $200K it may be to late for me to invest in Dubbo I couldn't find much for sale at below that price. I guess I will just keep waiting waiting waiting till something pops up.....

At the moment I think Gunnedah is very well priced and I guess if the mining boom takes off again in a few years it will come good. Gunnedah apparently is sitting on some of the best coal in Australia so I have heard.

Well I've been drunk in Griffith and Dubbo but not Moree! :D We lived about an hour from Griffith from 2005 - 2007. Like most regional centres it has everything you need, including a nice little airport. Back then the area was in really bad drought but things have improved since then. I know it had a bit of a drug-rep, but I never noticed anything scary. It's very diverse. I looked at a block of 8 units in Bana Ave (main drag). We so should have bought it!

I know there are some pretty rough areas in Dubbo (Dub-Vagas) and it's been on people's short lists for a while now so maybe it's had its run, but Im only speculating. Never really looked at it that closely for IPs. Went to a wedding there in about 2006 and I think I'm still hungover from it:eek: :roll eyes:

Back