Moreton Downs

Does anybody know the best place to find out details on new suburbs?

We had an offer to buy a $80000 block of land (700sqm) in Moreton Downs near Deception Bay and then later build a house on this block.

The offer was through a finance group - Broadsword.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Hi Spills,

I just spent Last Saturday looking at just this very area. :) We saw many quality homes being built in the area.

They have sold out up to Stage 8 and are expecting to open Stage 9 in May. We were told that Stage 9 would go for around $85K. Our friends (who were showing us around) sold some land in Stage 5 to other investors and the land went for $55K. Their house is still under construction so these investors (young couple aged 22 & 24) have had a capital appreciation of about $30K already. :D :D

While Moreton Downs is not on the water, it is just 10 minutes drive from Redcliffe and is only 5 minutes from the new shopping complex being built by Westfield in Mango Hill. It is expected to be the largest shopping complex in the Southern Hemispere according to our sources, once all 4 stages of the centre are completed. They said that Stage 1 is expected to be ready around September. Land in Mango Hill sells from $120K and is half the size of land in Moreton Downs.

Hope this helps,
Cheers, Bmok :)

Hello,
A friend of mine is looking to but in Deception Bay, somewhere around the 200k price range I would imagine.
I checked Residex (findmeahome.com.au) and it gave just 30% growth over the next 5 years - which does not appear to be all that much.
What do others thing about Deception Bay?
Good chance of cap growth, or are there better suburbs around that area?:confused:

Back