Mortage insurance is the greatest?????

Talking with a person who said that mortage insurance is the greatest thing in property investing.
No LOC loans, messing around paying into different accounts etc.
Pay your mortage insurance, approx. five thousand dollars a buy
(only once per buy) and you're away and running onto your next property.
To me this seems the way to go. No saving for the next deposit.
Easy or!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bbruham.

Hi BB

I too love LMI but not for those reasons !

And certainly it aint 5000 a deal.

It could be as little as 200 or as big as 12 000.

Sounds to me like you have been talking woth someone that

a: doesnt have much of a portfolio or
b: is very new to the business of finance.

LMI can protect your equity ( so yes that person is roght there), it can protect your tax deductability of loans in some instances, and it can help ypu manage risks or take on more opportunities.

It shuld be used though in combination with LOCs, offsetc accts and the like, and not as an exclusion to .

Ta

rolf

Bb,

Your friend is obviously excited but there are a couple of things to take into consideration here:

1. Paying LMI doesn't exclude you from saving for deposits (or drawing them down off existing equity in other properties) as you will still need to pay for those! Yes, it may be as little as 5% in some situations but, even with LMI, you may still be required to fork out a 15-20% deposit. A lot of variables exist here.

2. There are other products out there where you can borrow up to 100% without LMI. St George currently has one up and running. Catch is, however, that they require 2.5% of the total amount borrowed as a lending fee. This could still be more attractive than paying LMI. Again, it depends on individual circumstances.

Perhaps Rolf can explain St George's product for 100% finance.

I understand that they are willing to do this provide you meet certain criterias without taking security over your asset.

they are charing you something like 2.5% of the loan

If this is the case then saving up for a deposit might not be as much of a restiction.

Hi Aikido,

Heres some info from the MSN forum. Hope this helps,

Jamie.

Hi all, especially Peter,

A major bank is now offering a genuine 100% home loan for home buyer and investors. And this means if you are buying a $250K house, the bank will give you $250K. NIL deposit. NO cross securitization. NONE. NADA.

To qualify:

1. The security must be geogrpahically within 50k's from major city and 25k's from satellite cities.
2. Investors must have minimum net worth of $175K and one applicant must have gross income of at least $50K. Question: If the investor has $175K in net asset, why will he/she try to obtain a 100% homeloan? Answer: The investor might feel better protected (psycologically that is) if his own home is not used as security for the investment loan. Or, two investors might want to go partners on a venture and neither wants their own properties on the line, and many other scenarios.
3. With construction loans, and where FHOG (First Home Owners GRant) is being used to pay some of the cost, the LVR at land draw can go up to 107%, with the FHOG reducing the loan bacl to 100% at slab stage.

HOW GOOD IS THAT?

The loan assessment qualification process is more thorough than for standards loans. The bank will be relying on the borrowers' willingness and capacity to repay (as opposed to reliance on equity). there will be more emphasis on repayment history and employment stability.

Where no credit card exists, it will be assumed that you have a limit of $3,000.

Who wants this loan?

1. People who have no savings but has the income to service the loan. The cappucino and cafe latte society, for instance.
2. Investors who want to go joint ventures with others and neither are willing to put their own properties on the firing line.
3. People who have the income but can't wait for the existing properties to increase in value. Maybe having bought a house at 95% last month, they have no more cash to buy another. With this loan, provided you can show serviceability, you can purchase the next one pretty much straight away. You will still need some money for the cost of the purchase (e.i., stamp duties, etc).

Note that a Loan Extension Fee is payable. For a 100% loan, this will be 2.5% of loan amount. The fee takes the place of Lender's Mortgage Insurance.

This product is being rolled out next month natyionally. But I am accredited write the loan now. Happy house hunting.

Angelina

First Previous 12-26 of 26 Next Last

Recommend Message 12 of 26 in Discussion

Hi all,

Some answers only as I am in a hurry to get to an appointment. Here goes:

Available for construction, house and land packages and strata units and townhouses.

Key benefits of the loan: Redraw facility, mortgage offset facility, choice of fixed or variable loan, available for owner occupier or investors, interest in advance repayment option for investors.

Establishment fee: $750 including legals, valuation on one property and fee free savings account (when nominated for the loan repayment).

Savings history required. Minimum of 2.5% savings accumulated over a three month period (for new houme owners)

Interest rates: A margin of .30% over the standard variable and fixed rate applies.

Loan Extension Fee: (takes the place of LMI) equals 2.5% of loan amount. minimum of $500.

Repayment:s weekly, fortnightly, monthly. Interest only repayment up to three years allowed fopr investment only.

Now beautiful people stop asking questions!!! Wait until next month and you can walk into a St George branch and they will help you. I warn you you have to be really earning a good income to qualify. Good income is the operative concept.

Chow.

Angelina

Hiya

It sounds GREAT, nice sales tool

Pros, low genuine savings requirement at 2.5 %, vs the normal 3 or 5 %

Drawbacks.

The service model is average, assessed at 9.2 %

Interest Rate - is priced at a margin of +0.30% over standard variable rates.

Loans are available for a maximum of 3 years Interest Only, then converting to P & I for 22 years

LMI equivalent extension fee is expensive compared to lmi

Many people will do better with standard type 95 % lends with capped LMI, especially investors.

ta

rolf

Back