Mortgage Brokers

Hi All

Are there any risks in borrowing via a Broker or
Mortgage financer if they are not a member
of eg the MFAA?

What can be the risks?

Also if the rate seems to good to be true!
is there a higher possibility they will increase
interest rates (without an RBA announcement) to cover there short falls?

LLLP

Hi All

of eg the MFAA?

What can be the risks?

LLLP
They wont increase in the next 5 years, if you get a fixed interest loan for 5 years.

LLLP

There are generally hidden costs and other nasties - eg fees for doing all sorts of things.

Cheers,

The Y-man

I'd add Medine to the list (also forum member) - she's been great for us. Just check those names in the member list and they have links to their websites so you can contact them.

Cheers

kaf

All three members previously mentioned (myself, Rolf Schaefer, Kristine) are members of the MFAA. I suspect that most of the other brokers frequenting this forum are also members.

If in doubt, check do a search on your brokers name at the following address:

http://www.mfaa.com.au/searchForMember.asp?menuid=304

Make sure you search the individual name, as the company name index is definitely not up to date.

It's actually not a bad site. Lots of information available if you're willing to dig a bit for it.

In our daily business we obviously come across many mortgage brokers.

Most get the job done, but to get the best finance for your needs you need an investment savvy finance broker.

Don't worry too much about interest rates or fees. Get someone who knows how to get the most out of "the system" for you.

I've seen Rolf Schaefer work wonders for his clients - I would highy recommend him

I'll join in.

I use APerry and have found that the service extends way beyond simply finance broking.
The complimentry services of town planning and access to developments as well as developers has been invaluable.

Even if you were not interested in these areas, the broking service has been brilliant.

And if you are in Melby town in winter, you may even get a complimentry seat to an AFL match.
The Weagles may have gone down by a point last night, but the venue at the Telstra Dome was a fantastic experience.
But a word of warning... these Vics DO take their footy seriously !!

kp

I live in melbourne and have used multiple brokers from this forum in the past and whilst they are all good, I cant speak more highly of Rolf Latham.

He is really in the know, very efficient and always able to put forward the best possible structure with a long term strategic view of client's long term inesting goals.

I have bought 7 prop this year alone and strongly believe that I would not have been able to move from one to the next as quickly as I did, had it not been for a very very efficient broker who is able to propose multiple options as the serviceability and equity equation constantly changes with new prop acquisitions.

He comes very highly recommended.

Cheers
Harris

Hi All

of eg the MFAA?

What can be the risks?

LLLP

Another question you might ask is "what are the risks of borrowing through a broker rather than direct from the lender."

Recent posts by Letiha are illumining in this respect.

Back