Multi Lease house - finance?

We're looking at purchasing a house that has multiple leases (done by the room) - there have been no changes made to the house except for locks put on all doors.
My preferred lender (due to work related discounts) will only value it a the standard rent rate for the area (still very good) but also looking at getting a few more of these types of things.

Are there any lenders that will take into account the leases (four rooms) without having to go commercial?

My preferred lender (due to work related discounts) will only value it a the standard rent rate for the area

If you want residential rates, then lenders will use residential returns. Operating a property on a per room basis is as much a business as it is an investment, hence lenders will usually want to assess them as a commercial property.

The only time you may be able to get a lender to use the higher rental is once its in your tax returns for a year or so. This also works where someone is renting out a room or two in their ppor. The lender wont use the lease on the room, until its in the tax return of the owner.

We're looking at purchasing a house that has multiple leases (done by the room) - there have been no changes made to the house except for locks put on all doors.
My preferred lender (due to work related discounts) will only value it a the standard rent rate for the area (still very good) but also looking at getting a few more of these types of things.

Are there any lenders that will take into account the leases (four rooms) without having to go commercial?

I wish this was true- because these sort of property will be a BARAGAIN buy! with the rental return.:)

Having said that: yes it's possible- there is only Three lenders i have dealt with that allows residental rate for muti-leased BUT:

1. You have to provide them with another residental home as "backup" security- 1st or 2nd mortgage is fine - and it must have a min equity of 30%

2. The muti-leased place must be council approved, through a R.Agent and also NOT "commerical zone" - res and mix ok.

3. Max 15 muti- leased. Any more case by case.

Regards
Michael

Hiya

Typically difficult to place, the issue isnt to much the accpetance of the rent, more so that the property as others have said may be on a comm basis.

We have had some success but not where the increasedrental income was needed

ta
rolf

Back