Murrumba Downs land for sale

Ok, I'm liquidating this 600m2 block, 25km north of Brisbane.

Address : 9 Albany Court, Murrumba Downs, Qld, 4503.

Will take 190k for it. Check realestate.com.au and you won't find anything else in this vicinity for less than 220k, that can take a dual occupancy.

I was going to put a dual dwelling on it. 3/1/2 and a 2/1/1

Rental demand is strong and confirmed by two PMs recently at 320 and 220 = 540 a week.

Project builders are clammering for work. and I've had figures of 160k for
construction. So that's around a 7.7% gross yield with firm upside on the rent.

There's two owner occupied brick homes either side, less than 18mths old and the lot is fenced three sides.

It is in a dead end street. has a park, nature reserve, and playing fields nearby, is within 200 metres of the planned Murrumba Downs Train Station (if the redcliffe line is ever built), 300 metres to state and private primary schools, and 700 metres to Woolies, easy access to Bruce Hwy, 1.5km from North Lakes Westfield.

Last edited:
Hi Kelvin.....yes it is.

it is a smaller floorplan. The 3/1/2 is ~95m2 and the 2/1/1 is 55m2 = 150m2 enclosed living space with common walls.

Add 38+18 for dlug, and carport with roller door = 56m2.

Total 216m2 @ 160k
= $740 m2 with 26% garage/carport content.

I think the latest revision allowed for 220m2.

The original quote I got from a private builder was $140k in May last year, and I spoke with him this week and he said to add another 20k.

The rents I quoted are for dual dwellings in the area that are actually smaller and poorer in design than what I am considering.

This didn't include fencing or turf, though the lot is fully fenced already.

Last edited:
Seem awfully tiny.

We had a 2 bed 1 bath IP (unit) that was 76 sqm and we thought that it was small.
Marg

Did your 76m2 include patios or decks? That's a large enclosed area for a 2/1. Most would be quite comfortable in a 2/1 that size Marg..These ones in Port Melbourne at $650k are built for a more discerning market and are 76m2.

Anyway, the building code allows a maximum size of 60m2 for an attached 2bdr dwelling.

Perception of size varies with layout and well placed glass (windows and doors), and how many sides open to landscaping. With some knowledgeable interpretation of the building code, there's a way to arrange the bedrooms without halls or corridors. The laundrys and HWC for both will be in the garages.

There's high rental demand for the 2/1/1 in the area it is built. I've already had 2 male divorcees want it. The 2nd bedroom has a partition wall that opens it up to the lounge/dining, or it can be shut permanently and used a bedroom for children staying on the weekend. I've seen several similar sized units in nearby suburbs, and they are fine and have never had trouble being rented.

Last edited:
Back