My apartment story - 2 months later...

Very impressive transformation.

Just one suggesstion with the kitchen; have you thought about building a return bench out from the wall near the phone?

This will provide much needed workspace and also gives a little bit of completed look to the room.

Looks fantastic! How is the stencilling done you are planning to use in the living room? Will you do it yourself?
Yup, we've been working on it on and off, more off than on lately because we've been lazy. :p

I bought the stencils and its all DIY.

Very impressive transformation.

Just one suggesstion with the kitchen; have you thought about building a return bench out from the wall near the phone?

This will provide much needed workspace and also gives a little bit of completed look to the room.

Yeah we thought about that, however since there is very little space, that wall where the phone is, is occupied by the dining table.

If I added the bench there, there would be no room for a dining table at all.

Update: thought I'd share these pictures. Glad to finally have it done, 2 months since I started this thread. Just goes to show that laziness can really demotivate you.

If anyone ever wants to do stenciling, good luck, because it is a great idea at the time but actually putting in the effort and covering a wall is tiresome.

Living area

3943667331_9ca51f1284.jpg
3944446138_0d2d2b6f32.jpg

Bedroom

3962336796_8c753cf7a0.jpg
3962336800_2e31be572e.jpg
3962336802_fa57a59ecc.jpg

Back