My Fire Damaged property

In June 2010 while at my partner's house, some ba$tard broke into my house which I'd been renovating, stole a bunch of stuff and then set fire to the painting supplies I had left in the dining room. After quite a long process and 10 & a half months duration of council delays and crappy weather the house has finally been rebuilt and am very happy with what the builders have produced. :D

Have a squiz at the gallery for before and after pics.

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=21111

I can only imagine how gut wrenching that would have been.

End result is beautiful, out of terrible stuff you now have a beautiful home which I am sure is now worth far more then before the fire.

I am assuming that insurance covered it all? Did they catch the perps?

Congrats.

Yeah was pretty upsetting. Went straight to work the next day from my partners and got a call at about 9.30am from a guy who identified himself as "John Hancock". My first thought was it was one of my mates who are cops playing a practical joke on me. Turns out it wasn't :eek:

Yep Insurance covered everything tho it turns out I was a bit under-insured on contents so have doubled that now.

Still haven't caught the perps to the best of my knowledge but apparently they are still waiting on some forensics stuff to come back from the lab apparently. (they're about 12 months behind). :(

Back