My latest development - 4 dwellings in Melbourne

This made me laugh for several minutes :D:p

With barely any rain over the last 12 days I am nearly at lock up. Loving it!!

Oscar

So no such thing in Melb with regards to best time to build??

I thought if one started in September that would be ideal??? Should get at least 4 months of reasonable weather??

So no such thing in Melb with regards to best time to build??

I thought if one started in September that would be ideal??? Should get at least 4 months of reasonable weather??

September is generally wet. Best to start around November through to May.

Cheers
Oscar

September has been wet alright! The constant rain and the recent wild winds have really slowed down building; especially when the next two trades are your roof plumber and renderer :eek:

Still, all the brickwork is now finished. Pretty good job too. The front unit also had the dutch gable completed, which looks nice. I love dutch gables!

The lower level roof tiles are on site as well ready to go.

Oscar

Attachments

• brickwork finished and dutch gable.jpg
    brickwork finished and dutch gable.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 504
  • brickwork finished.jpg
    brickwork finished.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 505
September has been wet alright! The constant rain and the recent wild winds have really slowed down building; especially when the next two trades are your roof plumber and renderer :eek:

Still, all the brickwork is now finished. Pretty good job too. The front unit also had the dutch gable completed, which looks nice. I love dutch gables!

The lower level roof tiles are on site as well ready to go.

Oscar

Well done, considering the weather etc. and of course Zoe;)

We are supposed to be in spring aren't we?

Carp weather in melb atm with the rain and sydney has the heat/fires.

There also saying it's going to be a long hot summer in melb?

Cheers Spades.

I hear the "hot summer this year" line every year :rolleyes:

It has been wetter and cooler than normal for this time of the year.

It always rains in spring - hence the term "spring rains" - and will continue to rain on and off till xmas.

It's normal :)

I'm going off the last few years when i have been building at the same stage. Not normal. The rains started later than usual too.

Anyway, the render is finally finished :D

Well there been a big push in getting this one done and dusted. There's about 2 weeks worth of work left. So by the end of January it should all be wrapped up.

Painting and tiling is finished. Most of the plumbing fit off is done. Just a few toilets and vanities left to fix.

Driveway was going to be poured but have left it for mid Jan. The hot weather turned me off pouring this week.

I'll upload some photos later. It's coming up pretty nice.

Oscar

I'm looking forward to the pictures. Pouring in milder weather is a lot nicer - I hope you get some good mild weather in mid Jan for it.

Do we get the suburb reveal when they are on the market ? ;);)

Hi oc1,

You gave yourself a time frame of 6-7mnths to complete,well done,your on target despite the crap melb weather we've had this year.

Look forward to the pics and the 5th page suburb reveal :p

Cheers Spades.

Hi oc1,

You gave yourself a time frame of 6-7mnths to complete,well done,your on target despite the crap melb weather we've had this year.

Look forward to the pics and the 5th page suburb reveal :p

Cheers Spades.

Yep, if it wasn't for the crap weather i'd be finished. :(

Code:
This is one of my newest developments which is about to commence. It?s a [B]4 townhouse/unit development[/B] ? 2 townhouses and 2 single story units located in a decent suburb of Melbourne. 

Construction Cost

Total build: $625,000

WOW Build cost for $624,000 ? What was the turnkey cost ?

MI

Back