NAB I/O renewal - will a revaluation be required?

The I/O period is about to expire on one of my Homeside loans, and the price of the property has either been stagnant or dropped a little. Will this be an issue when extending I/O?

The I/O period is about to expire on one of my Homeside loans, and the price of the property has either been stagnant or dropped a little. Will this be an issue when extending I/O?

They'll likely need to do a full assessment jerrybee - has been my experience with NAB.

If I come up short can I buy mortgage insurance retroactively or do I need to cough up the cash myself? I initially paid a full 20% deposit so I have a lot of wiggle room.

The NAB will require a valuation. If it goes above 80% you would be able to use LMI.

After a 5 year I/O period, do you have reason to believe the property has dropped in value? Unless you purchased in a very high risk location (such as a mining town), I doubt you've got much to worry about.

The NAB will require a valuation. If it goes above 80% you would be able to use LMI.

After a 5 year I/O period, do you have reason to believe the property has dropped in value? Unless you purchased in a very high risk location (such as a mining town), I doubt you've got much to worry about.

Melbourne CBD in 2012, that's why:(

I bought in a tightly held heritage building though (out of 90 apartments, literally only 3 have gone on sale in the last 3 years which is crazy rare for the CBD). So I have that on my side, but I suspect the overwhelming supply problem will have kept my apartment either stagnant or it may have dropped. An apartment smaller / worse than mine in the same building actually sold for $20k more than I paid so it's possible I'm being too pessimistic.

Good news though, I just called and it seems I have a 5 year I/O period. For some reason I thought it was 3 years.

And probably 5 weeks required whilst the lose the application and then get you to resubmit it 3 separate times.

Cheers

Back