Narre Warren Dirt Wanted (a dirty story!)

Some years ago, in our first property, now an IP rented to tenants, was kinda bored living in the 'burbs, so thought we'd dig a dam for fishing (on a 700 s/m block, in the middle of Narre Warren, Vic...not one of my best ideas in hindsight but it seemed a good idea at the time) anyway, sort of got carried away when digging...the result is 8 x 4 x 1.5 meters deep, filling with water, and the council want us to fill it in or else... Any ideas welcome. Never did catch any fish in it, so time for it to go. Maybe someone has some fill they need to dispose of (save on tip fees) or would it be better to dig some more, turn it into wine cellar / bomb shelter / hideout? STCA of course, this time.

i needed a few large trucks of fill for a project at home a few years back. nearby a new subdivision was going in so i lobbed up and spoke to one of the truck drivers. for a case of beer he dropped 3 big truck loads exactly where i wanted it. in subsequent years the best source i have found for fill is pool builders - they are always trying to get rid of the stuff because they have to pay to dump it.

make some calls or talk to some site managers as you drive past. hope this helps

lizzie

try some of the major pool builders. I will be clearing a couple of cubic metres this weekend of dirt but its in Mt Eliza area probably a bit for to come for 2 cubic metres. Why do the council want you to get rid of it (mozzies perhaps)

cheers

but make sure you tell them how much you want and no more... My friend did something similar for his 5 acre block to do some landscaping work at the back and trucks are still pulling up dumping loads of clean fill!!! He would have received about 20 truck loads all up.

Pen

Whatever ya do

Hi everyone,

One suggestion: whatever ya do don't put up a sign saying fill wanted. You'll end up with all sorts of rubbish dumped on site.

Regards

Jared :D

depth of pool / dam

Hi again,

Oh, another thing .......the council probably object to the depth more than anything. Any pool / dam deeper than 300mm is supposed to be fenced by law.......... in a residential situation.

Regards

Jared

Back