NBN: impact on your property

Hi all, I was wondering if anybody has a property in an area that has been connected to the NBN, and whether that has had any effect on their property in terms of price, rental demand, change in the class of tenants, etc. We have a house near Gosford which is designated 'work commenced' on the NBN rollout map. Thanks, Ali

and whether that has had any effect on their property in terms of price, rental demand, change in the class of tenants,

Funnily enough we have one on either side of the rollout border. Two properties, one street, one is 5 houses within the border, the other 5 houses outside of it. Building apparently started last Nov 13 so not sure of any impact yet.

Unlikely, not an essential service. From a valuation perspective, what value would you put on its utility, $500 maybe but only if you use it.

i have NBN installed for last 6 months,
apart from downloaded more movies, my property price did go up, BUT definitely not due to the NBN in the area.

Hi, thanks for your replies. It'll be interesting to see if we see any change when our property is connected. Obviously from the posts so far the impact is mixed.
Cheers, Ali

I doubt it would affect it much, be good for tenants at best maybe an extra $5pw if the other areas aren't connected yet. I received a letter today from strata saying that the nbn connection at a IP would be connected in the next few weeks. The annoying thing is my PPOR is in the same suburb and the otherside of the street, we are not getting the same NBN fibre because the government changed. You win some you lose some :(

Back